Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkubesh
Reel Rookie

I am having a lip sync issue with Ion Mystery channel it is very frustrating. It has been going on a

For about a month I have been experiencing lip sync issues on only one channel. It is Ion Mystery. I have spoken to them and have tried many things and it is still not solved. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I am having a lip sync issue with Ion Mystery channel it is very frustrating. It has been goi...

Hi, @rkubesh

Greetings and welcome here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we'd be more than glad to assist. For this issue to be resolved, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rkubesh
Reel Rookie

Re: I am having a lip sync issue with Ion Mystery channel it is very frustrating. It has been goi...

I tried the steps to remove the channel but it does not give me the option to do that. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@rkubesh,

Thanks for the update!

I see that this is a live TV on the Roku Channel. We'll go ahead and report this to the appropriate Roku team for further review.

We'll make sure to flag you back here for any updates available about this.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HotSteve
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with all ION channels.  I just notified ION but I think the problem is with you because the problem is continuing through the commercial too.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HotSteve,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We acknowledge your concern about the Ion mystery channel, and we appreciate the additional information that you have provided to us. We'd like to gather more information so that we can further investigate this problem that you had. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

It’s on all 3 ion channels and goes out of sync at pretty much every commercial. Very frustrating. Also does not matter which of my 3 Roku tvs I am watching, they ALL have this issue

0 Kudos
HotSteve
Reel Rookie

I turned the channel up or down then returned and it solved the problem temporarily.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.