Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OakleyFreak
Binge Watcher

Re: Hulu Live going back to home screen.

Jump to solution

So improving 

After update on Fox News at top of the hour. It dosent kick back to main menu. But does reload the channel. Like a buffer fir 2 seconds.  Then plays fine 

0 Kudos
WiseWoman
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu Live going back to home screen.

Jump to solution

Mine is fixed for now...woohoo! Even though I have auto update software I checked on Roku this morning and when I hit update software it did download an update...two top of hours have passed while watching Fox News Channel without interruption...FINALLY!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: FOX NEWS dropping off on HULU and reverts to ROKU home screen on the hour.

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ronk1943
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did that already.  So did others.  

rep99usa
Reel Rookie

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen when watching Live TV

Jump to solution

I FOUND A SOLUTION ITS CALLED FIRE STICK 4K SINCE I LOADED IT AND WITCHED OVER IVE HAD NO ISSUES IM DROPPING ROKU ITS BEEN OVER A WEEK AND NOT FIXED IM DONE

gwigington
Channel Surfer

Re: Hulu keeps going back to the Roku home screen when watching Live TV

Jump to solution

Actually it's been over 3 weeks.....hahaha

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU reverts to Home Screen near top of the hour. How do I fix this?

Jump to solution

Hi @lilseaster

Thanks for keeping us posted! 

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dfaith51
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny-

There are many Roku device users encountering the same problem.  I would suggest the Roku troubleshooting team attempt to replicate this same problem in their lab using a variety of Roku streaming devices.  For each Roku streaming device type utilize Hulu live streaming service tuned to the Fox News channel.  For each of said device types and while streaming Fox News on Hulu, observe if Hulu drops and the TV reverts to the Roku home screen around the top of the hour or shortly thereafter (1-5 mins).

I understand why you would want the device information from users but I believe this problem has become so prevalent that you can simply replicate the scenario in the lab w/o needing tons of device info from many different users.  Please let us know the results of this exercise and what course of action your troubleshooting team is taking to identify the root cause and provide us with a fix.

Thank You,

Doug F.

dfaith51
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

BTW all, I am able to use the Hulu application loaded on my late model 4k Samsung TV without encountering these dropping issues.  Roku, that should tell you something....

DF

0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My problem was with abc local most times sometimes all stations. Moved on to you tube 3 weeks it’s fine

ps yes Fox News works with Roku device on You Tube

0 Kudos