Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to watch local channels?

Jump to solution

@dal28dal Do you have a Roku TV or Roku player? If a Roku TV, you should be able to have a tile to access the antenna on the home screen now. You might need to move it to the top so you don't have to scroll for it. It's also possible that it's not enabled, but you should be able to do that under Settings/Home screen.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
dal28dal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV. I can see the channels but I have to go to setting and then choose TV inputs, and then my renamed Antenna TV and then manage TV and then I finally get to my local antenna channels. This is too many steps and I don’t think it used to be so hard

I watch local channels often. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There should be a setting under Settings/Home screen that will put the Antenna TV icon on the home screen. It might get loaded at the bottom of the list, so you'd have to move it up so it can be seen without scrolling. I'm going from memory, as I haven't had a Roku TV in a number of years. Hopefully they didn't remove that from the settings. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dal28dal  On your Roku TV go to settings, system, power, and select Antenna TV as your power on channel.

dal28dal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!  That worked! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This information is totally useless. There are no options to remove these idiotic streaming channels. What is wrong with you people? Your stupidity will be the end of your company. I'm getting rid of Roku forever.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community, @Unhappyvictim!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We'd be happy to be of assistance here and share further details regarding setting up an antenna for your Roku TV.

Depending on where you live, you may be able to receive free “over-the-air” TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. You can refer to Antenna Web for more information on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area and finding and using an HDTV antenna.

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Live TV input of your TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your TV
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote
  3. Select Live TV
  4. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup
  • Note: If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.

Furthermore, please be informed that this is only accessible if you have a Roku TV. Kindly visit this support article related to this for further information: How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.