Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to watch local channels?

Jump to solution

This is exactly what I needed to watch my local channels including news and sports…Thank You

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @MiddleAmerica!

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you streaming your local channels via Live TV. Feel free to reach out anytime you need help or create a new post for different concerns. 

You may also visit our support website for additional troubleshooting resources. 

In the meantime, we hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rags7764
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After I scanned for and found my local antenna channels, I made them all my favorite by checking boxes. When I go to live TV guide, I go to favorite, there they are. If there is another or better way, please let me know. Eric 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

THIS is the answer I was looking for.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Beachy74
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My other TV had a choice of antenna and inputs. This one doe doesn’t. What do you do? I have been working on this for days. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Beachy74.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be happy to share further information about this.

Firstly, are you referring to a Roku TV as well? If not, please be informed that Roku streaming devices plugged into a non-Roku TV don't support OTA Live TV channels. You may instead use your TV's physical remote to change inputs.

However, if you are referring to a Roku TV as well, and iLive TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input. If you've already set up your Live TV input, the option you'll see is rescan. 

To help you access your OTA Live TV channels, kindly find the Live TV Guide icon instead of the Live TV on The Roku Channel to see if this makes any difference. 

For reference, you may visit our support article related to this: How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

Keep us posted!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NM_Chris

Jump to solution

After you add it, it will fall under your list of apps. Just choose "Antenna TV" on your apps, like you would choose Netflix or any of the others, and you have your local TV selection and guide.

0 Kudos
Rags7764
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately my new Roku TV doesn't have that choice.(Antenna) I can't find it 

0 Kudos
Rags7764
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Live TV , at least on my brand new Roku, only scans channels, but doesn't que you where to put them, or what to do with them. So you'd have to scan every time you wanna watch local channels. But it does allow you to favorite them easily. That's all I noticed. I am however easily confused 🤔 with all this new tech.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.