Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can you watch MSNBC & CNN?

Jump to solution

AWESOME!  thanks!

0 Kudos
docjava

Jump to solution

which roku app enables you to watch msnbc? I could not find it.

blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@docjava wrote:

which roku app enables you to watch msnbc? I could not find it.

If you want one 'catch-all' app for NBC Universal networks I would recommend you install the NBC app and authenticate with your cable provider. The one app will give you access to all of the LIVE feeds of NBC Universal networks and through the NETWORKS tab at the top of the HOME SCREEN you can gain on-demand access to all of the NBC Universal networks content. (Bravo, CNBC, E!, MSNBC, NBC, Oxygen, SyFy, Telemundo, Universal Kids, Universo and USA)

One app on your Roku home screen and one app taking up memory for all NBC Universal networks.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
Murple

Jump to solution

NBC app only lets you watch prerecorded clips now... BUT...

Get the SyFy channel app and go to the menu at the top and select LIVE. It will come up playing the SyFy channel with a message to hit Up to see other channels. MSNBC is like the 5th or 6th item on the list. You can also get to MSNBC by selecting Networks from the top menu, which will let you watch prerecorded clips or go to the live broadcast.

Found this totally by accident, pretty **bleep** bizarre.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you! This helped! I was so stressed for a few weeks 😂

0 Kudos
yu246630york
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me. Ive been watching CNN 3.5 months and then three days it ago it stopped. Channel wont load and I have no ability to fix this

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@yu246630york 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Coconut
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

8FA97453-6480-4DFB-AFAE-8E63FEA1C1A5.jpeg

Try this. It worked for me. 😁

0 Kudos
yu246630york
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank-you for responding Danny. Ive tried removing and reinstalling the channel, reinstalling the wifi, rebooting. Noting works. There is nothing else on my end I can try. Can Roku fix it on their end ?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I tried your scheme. It didn't work for me. It asked me to specify my provider. One of the options was Hulu, to which I subscribe, but that didn't work either, because I don't include Hulu-Live in my subscription. Hulu-Live is an additional $49/month. I cut my cable to avoid expenses like that!

Here's the suggestion that doesn't work:

@msnbc wrote:

I may have found the problem.  Try this:

1. Got to NBC app on Roku.

2. At the top, instead of selecting NETWORKS, select LIVE

3. At this point, you will probably be connected to your local NBC station which is playing NBC network programming.  But you wanted NBC or CNBC or another, right?

4. Use your Roku DOWN ARROW to scoll down.  Underneath the NBC programming from your local affiliate, you should see choices for what is on the air now at MSNBC and other NBC properties.  Highlight what other NBC network you want to watch and press ENTER.

5. You should now be watching MSNBC (or whatever you chose)?

I'm not sure if something changed without notice from anybody or what but this workaround seems to resolve this issue here.

I'd be interested in whether it worked for you, too, or whether there's something screwy going on with my setup.

0 Kudos