Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raelva

Re: How to turn off Continue Watching section?

Ugh, why isn't there a HIDE option...

Crumulent

This is a terrible answer. Add an option to turn off the feature or I will turn itvoff by buying a competitors product. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community Users!

We hear you and we sincerely regret any trouble this may have caused you, but no worries! As a workaround, we'd be more than happy to provide you a resolution with the "Continue Watching" feature on your Roku streaming devices/TVs. On your remote, highlight the TV shows or movies you want to remove, then press the Star* button. 

Furthermore, your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for, so please be aware that we are currently working on a new update, and once this feature is fully rolled out, you will be able to have the option to completely hide this under Settings. In the meantime, we highly appreciate you bearing with us. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address; we'd be more than willing to listen and take action. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

Thank you, thank you! 😊 

0 Kudos
speets
Reel Rookie

I don't want the option to hide, but disable. There is a difference.

Thank you.

keithx13
Streaming Star

A step in the right direction, but some of us want to be able to disable Continue Watching, not just hide it.  I haven’t looked for this issue in the forum, so it may already be known, but I have had problems with both MAX and Paramount+ since Continue Watching was launched.  Specifically, both apps frequently restart (after pausing or even stopping overnight) in the wrong location.  It doesn’t happen every time, but more times than not, such that I have to write down the time when I pause or risk having to guess when it screws up.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the apps has not helped.  It is possible that disabling Continue Watching would be a viable fix.  Maybe not, but it would be worth a try.

Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

I've had the same issue with MAX where it plays from the beginning after a pause 🤦‍♂️ but not Paramount+ (yet).

RISE_1
Channel Surfer

I've had the same issue with MAX restarting in the wrong spot after pausing or when trying to rewind a bit. And it can be a vastly wrong spot, so sometimes I'll need to fast forward 30 or 40 minutes to get back to where I was. 

speets
Reel Rookie

I've had the same issue with max. I think I found a workaround by hitting the up button before hitting the play/pause button.

keithx13
Streaming Star

I only tried this twice so far, but it appears that your method seems to work, speets.

Maybe Roku will one day return to their roots and make devices that are easy to use, without all of the clutter of Firestick or GoogleTV, like the ones that I bought in 2019.  Without any agreement on my part, Roku decided to change these devices in ways that make me unhappy.  Roku had the market for less intrusive streaming devices all to themselves, but they decided that wasn’t the direction they wanted to go.  Roku’s independence from iOS, Android, Amazon, etc. was a distinct advantage that appears to have been wasted.  Sad.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.