Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueWolf01

Re: How to turn off Continue Watching section?

Use the Plex app to stream home media.. I love it because it does maintain where you left off watching which was a feature sorely missing in the Roku's home media app.

0 Kudos
BlueWolf01

Thank you for listening to the end users. Been a help desk person for decades and the initial Roku response was disheartening and had me reconsidering my options going forward even tho this is the 3rd Roku Tv I've had and recommend them all the time. I also read the developer page and this is a definite privacy concern. None of the other services have provided a prompt as to whether I want my content included in this new banner section. Hard fail there. 

In the end.. you listened and I do appreciate that. Waiting for the rollout 🙂

BlueWolf01

Keithx13 ... just a suggestion... I use the Plex app to watch my home media... it's great and works way better than Roku's media app.

evc
Reel Rookie

i wish you could turn this off. it is more intrusive than useful. if i am in the home menu to navigate to a show, it’s very unlikely to be the show i just watched. 

JxLx

Still can't disable this "function" after today's update. I have absolutely no confidence that Roku cares about what their customers want from the service.  (more evidence of that, I opted out of all the seasonal wallpaper updates, but nevertheless, my background changes every time) 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @evc @JxLx,

Greetings from the Roku community!
We would like to let you know that Roku OS 12.5 will start rolling out to supported Roku devices and all Roku TV models. More information about the features launching with Roku OS 12.5 will be available soon. You can check on Home > Settings > System > About to confirm if you have the updated 12.5 software version. You can then turn off the Continue Watching feature by going to Settings > Home Screen and changing Continue Watching from "show" to "hide".
We hope this helps.
Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RISE_1
Channel Surfer

@RokuEuniceL I followed your instructions. My Roku Premiere+ says it has software version 12.5.0 and I still do not see any way to hide “continue watching” in the home screen section of settings. There is no “continue watching” option anywhere. What is going on here? 

Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

I updated my software (and it keeps saying it's up to date) but it says it's 12.0.0 and Continue Watching is still there. 

keithx13
Streaming Star

Still no option to hide Continue Watching on 2 Roku streaming stick+ devices with software version 12.5.0 build 4169.  Verified minutes ago.  Maybe @Eunice is referring to a later build that is not currently available.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We'd like to know more about the concern that you've brought to us. On which channel networks do you see the continue watching feature? Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator