Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ezrway
Binge Watcher

Re: How to turn off Continue Watching section?

Thanks for sharing about the ONN Google device. I didn't know about that option.

I've had my share of hardware issues with Roku equipment too. It comes with the territory with most electronics.

I completely agree with you that the truth is the biggest issue with the "Continue Watching" issue.

I can't remember the users name but they brought up how the "Continue Watching" is not only an invasion of our privacy, but aslo that it was in the contract that we should have been asked if we wanted it and we weren't.

Ezrway

Ezrway
Binge Watcher

Thank you keithx13. I didn't see the link you mentioned, I'm glad you brought the information to our attention.

I still like using our Roku devices, however, I don't like not being told the truth. Thanks again.

Ezrway

keithx13
Streaming Star

You are welcome, Ezrway.  I originally said that the ONN device had only 1080p capability, but it is actually 4K capable.  And, or course, casting to the device from a Chrome browser is built into the browser itself, which is cool for watching internet videos on the TV.

Ezrway
Binge Watcher

Hi John,

Just for the record I tried this and it didn't have any effect on the "Continue Watching" section.

Thanks,

@Ezrway

0 Kudos
Ezrway
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuJechealR ,

If getting our input will help, I too would like to request that Roku allow users to disable or Hide the "Continue Watching" section.

Thank you,

@Ezrway 

Ezrway
Binge Watcher

Hi Michael-Alan,

I completely agree with you. Recently my wife and I started watching a Netflix movie and didn't finish it. This was before we knew about the "Continue Watching" 

A couple of days afterwards, we decided to watch a movie with another family member. When we swapped over to the Roku device the movie we hadn't finished was in the "Continue Watching" section.

It could have been an uncomfortable situation if it was something that we would have preferred to keep private.

Thanks,

@Ezrway 

speets
Reel Rookie

I don't want an option to hide, because once you un-hide the information would still be there. I would like the option to disable. Huge privacy issue.

Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Weird, 2 days ago this feature turned itself off on both my 3900 & 3820, as my search & my Favorites are gone as well. I checked if it was a Software upgrade & it wasn't.

Sometimes items are added I don't care for at first, then I get used to them, the search has reverted back to where it was a few years back, no more saved or favorite list.  

Appears to be something with my account I guess. 

TVB99
Binge Watcher

You want feedback? OK: This was a stupid as idea that never should have been implemented in the first place. At the very least it should be opt-in, and it sure as  should allow us to opt-out. Seriously: whatever idiot approved it should be fired. So should the imbecile who hired that idiot. And the people who keep making excuses for it should be ashamed of themselves.

RISE_1
Channel Surfer

My "continue Watching" section was gone for a couple of days; I was thankful, thinking they finally fixed this problem. I just clicked into the settings to see if they added an op-out option for it, and didn't see one. Now, when I went back to my home screen, the "continue watching" section is back! What in the world? So frustrating, Roku.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.