Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Discovery plus app keeps pausing

Jump to solution

I can't delete my Discovery app it doesn't give me that option. I sent a picture of it to Discovery and they said they'd never seen that before but others tell me it's because I have the subscription. Discovery app's been working pretty well lately and I just have the simple Roku Express. I've been using a lot of the closed caption on Roku lately because I've noticed it at night time when I'm watching a movie sometimes I can't understand what they're saying and I watch everything through my Roku I don't even use my cable box anymore. But I wish Roku would get rid of the sound leveling because it messes up the syncing of the w people and the voices. I don't see the purpose in it. but otherwise I'm pretty happy with everything right now was going to upgrade to a newer Roku but I read online that it's the same operating system so unless there's something super new then I'm just staying with my Express. I did get a lot of answers and Discovery Plus and they did do an update I think it's 1.2.2 but it takes a while to get in touch you just got to be persistent

0 Kudos
RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the 4800X Roku Ultra, version 9.4.1 Build 4236-C2, which is the latest from Roku.

All channels work great, EXCEPT for Discovery+. It crashes out to the main screen randomly on every program. But, it crashes HARD when playing 'The Chameleon Killer.' A fixed screen like old time television 'snow,' then it reboots. There is NO option to remove the channel. Only 'move' the channel.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RichAlgeni wrote:

I have the 4800X Roku Ultra, version 9.4.1 Build 4236-C2, which is the latest from Roku.

All channels work great, EXCEPT for Discovery+. It crashes out to the main screen randomly on every program. But, it crashes HARD when playing 'The Chameleon Killer.' A fixed screen like old time television 'snow,' then it reboots. There is NO option to remove the channel. Only 'move' the channel.

If you purchase a subscription to a service through Roku (Roku Pay) you will not be able to remove the corresponding app for it.

You'll need to cancel the Roku-based subscription and subscribe elsewhere (e.g. discoveryplus.com) in order to be able to remove the app:

https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

Otherwise you need to contact discovery+ about problems with it:

https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I managed to watch one show with no problems, but the next one got increasingly worse - especially the closer it got to the end. Went all the way back to the beginning several times, & very hard to forward my way back. A 40 min show can take 1 1/2 hours easy. I don’t have time for that. I hope they’re still working on it. When I gave rime, will ask on their Facebook page - like someone here suggested - did that once & got a quick response.

RichAlgeni
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

More info: On another Roku, model 4210X-Roku2, version 9.4.0, build 4200-04, DiscoveryPlus works fine. No crashes for Chameleon KIller.

My third Roku, model 3810RW-Roku Streaming Stick+, version 9.4.0, build 4200-50, DiscoveryPlus works fine. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RichAlgeni wrote:

More info: On another Roku, model 4210X-Roku2, version 9.4.0, build 4200-04, DiscoveryPlus works fine. No crashes for Chameleon KIller.

My third Roku, model 3810RW-Roku Streaming Stick+, version 9.4.0, build 4200-50, DiscoveryPlus works fine. 

Just tried The Chameleon Killer E1 on Discovery+ with app version 1.2.3 on my 4800 - no issues loading the app, the main menu, or watching E1.

If its connected to a 4K/HDR capable TV/AVR, make sure you disable "HDR Always on" and set the audio to "Auto passthrough" (you may also need to disable "auto frame rate adjust" and set the "HDR subsampling" to 4:2:0 or 4:2:2, depending).

As is always the recommendation for dysfunctional app behavior: remove the app, restart the roku, reinstall the app.

If you can't remove the app, follow the instructions in the first response.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I was told by Discovery Plus that they don't allow you to remove the app if you've got a subscription to their service. Then the next time I wrote in I sent them a picture of it and the response was we've never seen that before. So I have a subscription I'm not going to worry about removing it right now but that was their advice to remove it and reinstall if I was having problems but obviously you can't remove it. I realize they're just getting The kinks out it's a new app, but what I don't like is when you get two different answers to the same problem

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Imemine wrote:

I can't delete my Discovery app it doesn't give me that option. I sent a picture of it to Discovery and they said they'd never seen that before but others tell me it's because I have the subscription. Discovery app's been working pretty well lately and I just have the simple Roku Express. I've been using a lot of the closed caption on Roku lately because I've noticed it at night time when I'm watching a movie sometimes I can't understand what they're saying and I watch everything through my Roku I don't even use my cable box anymore. But I wish Roku would get rid of the sound leveling because it messes up the syncing of the w people and the voices. I don't see the purpose in it. but otherwise I'm pretty happy with everything right now was going to upgrade to a newer Roku but I read online that it's the same operating system so unless there's something super new then I'm just staying with my Express. I did get a lot of answers and Discovery Plus and they did do an update I think it's 1.2.2 but it takes a while to get in touch you just got to be persistent

If that's the case, then its a bug in the app that will be corrected when the next update is made available, thanks to your picture. 

0 Kudos
AStarr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

A lot of us have tried that a few times, doesn’t work. A lot of people have contacted Discovery+ - hear back from them in the beginning, then not for 2-3 weeks at least. I assume they’re working on it, but better communication from them would be better. I think it’s a Discovery+ issue, not Roku, but does Roku contact them about it at all? Seems that could be helpful, as it’s a big problem. Maybe also for your reputation, as some people think it’s your problem, & some have bought Amazon Fire Sticks to use instead of Roku.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Discovery plus just did another update 1.2.3 and they still haven't fixed the problem with not being able to delete the program when they actually give you instructions to do that that could fix certain problems. I'm starting to believe that it's correct if you have the subscription they don't allow you to delete it but that was three weeks ago I wrote them about that and I still haven't had a response even though they answered me if you can see in my response above that will be fixed in the next update never happened. I don't think Roku has its own channel app and I like getting certain news via the Roku channel that I can't get any place else I don't really want to get a fire stick just means I have to learn something new again.