Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomfbryant

Re: Can't log in to Bally Sports

Jump to solution

This worked for me too.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
AcBass

Jump to solution

ZMPunk

you are da bomb! Thanks a million 

0 Kudos
Johnbro2

Jump to solution

We couldn’t Log into Bally Sports last night and today for the game and I uninstall Bally Sports and install it again I get updates on Roku nothing worked we never did get to watch the game today. All the other apps seem to work fine on Roku it’s just the Bally Sports one does not work. All we would get is the Bally Sports logo on a black screen and that would be it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Johnbro2

Thanks for the post.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing Bally Sports? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order, we would recommend giving it a shot once again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Moreover, if the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Melvis2012

Re: How to activate Bally Sports (Ballysports.com/activate) on my Roku device

Jump to solution

I stream everything thru Roku.   Now they have added Bally Sports, yet it tells me I need to provide my CABLE provider.   I DO NOT HAVE CABLE.   I stream EVERYTHING thru Roku.l  Why do they put Bally Sports on a steaming service if you still need cable.  I refuse to add Directv, as they are the biggest crooks in the world, plus I already pay $80 a month for Hulu through Roku.  This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.  I want to watch BASEBALL via Bally Sports, and the only way I can do that is to drive to the nearest tavern and sit there.  I want to watch at home.  I am P____ed off!!!!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Melvis2012 

Bally Sports has said they are launching a standalone service. However, notice that's future tense. It hasn't happened.

The wording about needing cable is misleading. You need a TV provider package that includes Bally Regional Sports. That is often cable, but can include a live streaming service that carries Bally Regional Sports. The good news is there is one. The bad news is who it is, based on your other comments.

Currently, the only service that offers Bally regional sports networks is DirecTV Stream Choice package, which is $90/month, $80/month for the first three months. All of the other live streaming services dropped Fox Sports regional networks, which were sold and rebranded as Bally. DirecTV Stream (formerly AT&T TV, formerly DirecTV Now) is the only service to carry them.

You could drop Hulu+Live TV (that's the service you have; Hulu is part of that service, the $7 part) and switch to DirecTV Stream. That would give you many of the same channels you have, but a few additional ones. Here's a comparison of some services from Cord Cutters News: https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/live-tv-streaming-comparison/

As of now, that's your options for watching Bally Sports: go back to cable, switch to DirecTV Stream. Until the Bally Sports standalone service launches ... in the future.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
dallasxanadu
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Correct. To stream Bally on Roku, you have to have a login for a cable/satellite/streaming service that offers it. I use my dad's DirecTV login, since he's more willing to get ripped off than I am. It's identical to the Fox regional sports networks that all of our local Dallas teams were on before Bally. You had to have login credentials to watch on those too. The kicker down here is that Bally isn't available on several cable providers, which means that about 70% of DFW can't watch the Rangers/Stars/Mavs even if they have cable. It's been 2 years and counting. They do keep talking about a stand-alone way of paying for Bally Sports, but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Kudos
jbob

Jump to solution

I keep trying to sign in, but the activation screen wants a credit card number.  Won't do that.  What now?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jbob 

It sounds as if you are using a subscription process, not an activation process.

What is your TV provider against which you are attempting to activate?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@jbob wrote:

I keep trying to sign in, but the activation screen wants a credit card number.  Won't do that.  What now?

I don't think Bally Sports is available with a subscription at this time.  You need a provider to activate Bally Sports.  Are you talking about entering a credit card for the cable or streaming provider?  Bally Sports app does not require a credit card to activate.

0 Kudos