Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Woozle

UFO (1970) episode listing is wrong.

I'm watching the old ITV show UFO, the predecessor to Space: 1999.  The episode titles listed on Roku TV do not correspond to the actual episode when played. For example, playing S1E6 "ESP" actually plays S1E4 "Conflict".  Most of the other episodes share this problem.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: UFO (1970) episode listing is wrong.

Hi @Woozle

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us what channel you're accessing the said content? We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

I've been a fan of this show since it originally aired. A possible complication here is that in its original run on ITV the episodes were shown badly out of order. The show's Wikipedia page has a good discussion of the issue and includes a chart comparing several different versions of episode numbering. I recommend that you read the article and then watch the episodes in an order that makes sense instead of going by episode number. BTW "Conflict" is recommended as the 6th episode in the order endorsed by the Fanderson organization, the Gerry Anderson appreciation society.

0 Kudos
TrekMan42

The channel in question is “The Roku Channel”.  And it’s not just the matter of the ordering of the episodes, it is a matter of the episode titles in the list don’t match the episode shown.  If you play what is shown as Episode 3 “Kill Straker” what plays is “Question of Priorities”.  And like the original post says, most episodes are like this.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TrekMan42,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention at Roku Community!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available, I'll be sure to let the Community know.
We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos