Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveM7
Reel Rookie

How to Perform a NON-DESTRUCTIVE Channel Scan? (Again)

The title question was posted previously.  Site expert AvsGunnar answered the original question but I think he misunderstood it.

I have the same problem as the OP.  I have 2 clusters of available OTA channels (Washington DC and Baltimore MD).  I have an outdoor antenna that I can point to either cluster.  I want to channel scan both the DC and Baltimore channels.  When I point the antenna to the DC cluster and do the channel scan, the DC channels are added.  However when I then point the antenna to the Baltimore cluster and re-scan, the Baltimore channels are added but the DC channels are deleted because they are not seen by the antenna when it points to Baltimore.  I want both clusters of channels saved so that I can point my antenna to either city-cluster and view all available channels.

The question is how to scan twice and maintain the channels recognized in the first scan?

Any advice is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to Perform a NON-DESTRUCTIVE Channel Scan? (Again)

The OS currently has no method of scanning and keeping the previously scanned channels in storage. It will always wipe what's there and start fresh. In fairness, most TVs do this as well. But it has been a requested update from Roku for years. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SteveM7
Reel Rookie

Re: Dan "But it has been a requested update from Roku for years."

Thanks for the reply.  I have a TCL TV, I initially contacted TCL and they told me that the system software programming is done by Roku.  So Roku controls scanning the process.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yep, completely under the control of the Roku OS. I know I personally asked for that at least three years ago, and it was likely much longer than that. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.