Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMrgn83
Reel Rookie

How long can I rent a movie for?

I want to rent a movie, but I want to know if I can pause it and watch another time or if I have to watch the entire movie at one sitting?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How long can I rent a movie for?

What channel are you referring to that offers movie rentals? There's a number of them. Generally, most allow you to pay for the rental and begin playback within perhaps 30 days. Once you've started playback, you usually have 3-5 days to complete watching it. But without knowing who's offering the rental, I'm merely making guesstimates based on what I've seen from some providers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
DMrgn83
Reel Rookie

Prime Video - I want to watch Night Crossing - rent is from $3.79.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Amazon can answer that question. I think they are similar to what I mentioned above. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Amazon says: “For rental videos, you'll typically have 48 hours to finish watching the video once you have commenced streaming or downloading, provided that in any event you must finish watching the video prior to expiration of the applicable expiration window, which is typically 30 days from your payment of the rental fee. The length of this window can be found on the detail page or on a link from the detail page, such as the "Learn more about renting and buying" link on website detail pages.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos