Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SNG_89
Reel Rookie

Hayu channel on Roku device not playing certain episodes

I recently subscribed to the Hayu channel through my Roku device.

Every few episodes I get playback error 5999_0001_0003. This has happened to several different shows and only happens on the Roku device. If I am watching on my laptop, this does not happen.

What is the solve for this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Hayu channel on Roku device not playing certain episodes

Hello @SNG_89

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. 

To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Note: the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
SNG_89
Reel Rookie

Hi Nimfa,

I followed the instructions you provided but I am still having the same issue.

Any other solutions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@SNG_89 

Thanks for testing and we apologize it doesn't help.

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can reach them here: Hayu Support

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.