Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomF
Reel Rookie

Re: Haystack News Channel Not Working

I'm having this same problem. Has it been resolved? It's frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ThomF,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of support to here and thanks for sharing your experience about this.

Could you tell us how long have you been using this and when did you start experiencing the issue?

In addition, kindly elaborate on the exact issue you're experiencing. Are you able to load up the channel and able to stream for a certain time or does it kick you back to the home screen when trying to access it?

Please tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThomF
Reel Rookie

Thanks, Rey,

I have a Roku Model 4200X device. I have a 16GB Samsung EVO storage card in the Roku.

For the last week or two, when I attempt to launch Haystack the channel pauses. I hear some sound, but choppy, and it stays on the launch screen--doesn't move into the normal screen with the various news stories. If I let it sit for a minute or so, my Roku will restart.

Prior to this, Haystack has always launched perfectly.

I occasionally have a similar issue with the YouTube channel--it doesn't always load initially and only provides choppy sound. But I've always been able to get past that point. Occasionally I have restarted Roku and then the YouTube channel, which then always works fine.

0 Kudos
Grendel
Channel Surfer

I get no picture and that intermittent sound on Haystack News and then my Roku will restart but I found that until I restart it, the Haystack News channel problem starts to infect all the other channels with that same interrupted sound problem. Somebody in this thread said they had build 2.8. I still have build 2.7 and I've tried a hard Reboot several times and when I go to Haystack to update it tells me it's up to date and Roku tells me the software is up to date so there's nowhere to update it. It affects all the rest of the channels. I have to constantly restart my Roku box if I ever go to the Haystack News Channel. I know it's the channel because if I don't go to that channel then the rest of the channels work fine. IT'S THE CHANNEL.

0 Kudos
ThomF
Reel Rookie

Last night, I was able to load and watch Haystack News without an issue. I wonder if the problem has been fixed. I know that one time doesn't really answer the question. I'll try again this evening and over the weekend.

I like the news service; hopefully this issue won't persist.

0 Kudos

I don't know if this was tried or not not after doing all the updates, uninstall, reinstall, turn off, turn on with no success, I finally just unplugged the TV at the outlet for about 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Now Haystack works. 

0 Kudos
ThomF
Reel Rookie

It's now working for me about every other time. Still buggy. I wonder if Haystack is getting reports of this issue, and is trying to resolve it...

0 Kudos