Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandiT05

Having trouble with discovery plus

I just added discovery plus and after I set up my payment info its asking for a roku pin, I never had 1 and when I try to make a new 1 it wont save 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Having trouble with discovery plus

You probably don’t have the correct PIN code.  Maybe you should do these steps:

1. Remove the app.  
2. Settings > System > Power (if not applicable, skip to the next step) > System Restart.  
3. Reinstall the app once the device is restarted.

~ Jordan 

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@RandiT05-

If it really is a Roku PIN being requested, you can create or reset a PIN value after logging into your account at https://my.roku.com. You can then choose when the PIN is to be required, such as before it will allow any subscription or purchase to be made on your account, or before installing a channel.

Some Roku web pages with input forms don't adapt to small display screens very well.  If you are having trouble saving the PIN when using a phone or tablet, try switching from portrait (vertical) to landscape (horizontal) orientation, or vice versa.  You may have better luck, if your mobile web browser supports it, by setting it to access your account in full desktop mode, or just using a desktop or laptop computer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@RandiT05 

First, we need to check a couple of things.

It sounds like you subscribed via Roku, rather than directly to Discovery Plus. So, log on to https://my.roku.com and then go to the Manage your subscriptions page. Do you see a subscription there?

If not, you do not have a subscription via Roku. Let us know if that's the case, and we can help with dealing with a direct subscription (how I subscribe) as opposed to a Roku Pay subscription.

If there is a subscription, then you should be able to use the app easily, as it should automatically log in to the app.

Let us know how you are subscribed, and we can proceed from there, as the next steps can vary greatly.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.