Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmcdole66
Reel Rookie

Discovery plus password wont work

I watch ID on discovery plus 95% of tv viewing habits.

My bill is paid and I do not have it through Rouku.  I pay discovery directly.  For some unknown reason it asked for me to log in. I know my **bleep** password but says it is wrong!

Although the password works fine on my phone and computer.

I even reset my password. Still can't access on my roku.

It won't let me delete the app.

I unplugged my tv..nope.

Cleared cache with home key pressed 5 times etc, etc.. nope!

I am beyond frustrated!

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Discovery plus password wont work

Hi @Mmcdole66,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're getting an error logging in your Discovery plus account and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps tried in resolving this. This may happen sometime if a mistake entering your password characters. Make sure that you put the exact symbols and check for spaces. 

If this does not resolve the issue, we would strongly recommend to communicate this with the channel support team for additional assistance. Channel authentication are handled directly by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach out them here: Discovery+ Contact Us.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mmcdole66
Reel Rookie

I finally got it to work.  I went to bed, woke up in the moringing and it still did not work. I repeated the clear cache code on the remote (With the TV on: Press HOME 5 times; Press ARROW up one time; Press REWIND button twice; Press FORWARD button twice. Like last night, nothing happened for a couple minutes, then my TV restarted. This time when I opened the Discovery Plus app, it was magically fixed. I did not even need to enter my password.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Mmcdole66,

I appreciate the quick feedback and we're glad that this has been settled on your end.

Feel free to get back here and let the Community know if there's anything else we can or the other users can be of assistance.

Cheers,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
andreyvol

I had the same issue with Discovery+ which started last night and continued today to my dismay. Doing this key combo reset worked for me too! Thank you so much! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.