Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"channel installation failed" error when installing channels from streaming store

Jump to solution

I tried downloading a channel only to receive this failure message. All my other channels were working perfectly fine and I had a great internet connection. After searching on the internet for a solution, I found that a factory reset may help. So I did that and now I can't download ANY of the channels I had previously and cannot use my Roku.

Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  Roku Express 4K+ purchased in Feb 2024

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "channel installation failed" error when installing channels from streaming store

Jump to solution

Hi, @laurabenavi @Walstc 

Thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you've encountered with receiving an error message "channel installation failed" when trying to add a channel. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue.

We believe that the issue has been resolved. We encourage you to try downloading channels again to check if you can now successfully install them.

Should you encounter any persisting issues, please provide us with the following information so we can further investigate:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (accessible via Settings > System > About).
  • The specific channel or app you were attempting to download.
  • Tracker ID associated with the issue (obtained by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
Your cooperation will assist us in ensuring a smoother experience for all users.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
ADHurley

Discovery Plus won't install

Jump to solution

Had some sort of an update to the Discovery plus app at around 1am EDT and it logged me out. I tried to log back in and it wouldn't take my password. Tried changing my password - didn't work. I tried to delete the app, clear the cache, and re-install it and now the app won't install. I get a message that says, "Channel install failed. Could not add Discovery + /  Stream TV Shows."

0 Kudos
Jim83

Not able to add any apps to new roku tv

Jump to solution
  • New hisense roku tv can not add any apps. Restarted it, verified internet connection. Tried to add roku channel. Get message  "could not add the roku channel. The whole TV seems slow and there are blank tiles where there should be stuff. Seems like a software issue. Checked for and installed new softwares but no change. Any ideas? Thanks
0 Kudos
Chiquana

After a factory reset my Apps are not installing

Jump to solution
  • My initial problem was that the Roku wouldn’t connect to the WiFi after showing it had excellent signal. So I factory reset it. Now It says my apps will not install and the search button is gone I’m located in the USA. 
0 Kudos
Journi

Re: Not able to add any apps to new roku tv

Jump to solution

Also having problems with this, texted the customer support line and the person who helped me said that all I needed to do was add my card details to my account and I would be able to add channels, I did that and still nothing.

0 Kudos
_D3

Not letting me add any apps

Jump to solution

Just purchased new roku tv. Completed setup, but it's not letting me add any apps. What's the issue here? help

0 Kudos
Kaufam7

Unable to add an app on my Roku 3.

Jump to solution

I am trying to add a free channel called The Chosen, but keep just getting a message that says "unable to add channel." I'm also supposed to be able to stream the channel on my Roku 3 from The Chosen app on my phone, but it cannot find my Roku device. I tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps. Both are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, I have the latest software updates on both my phone and my Roku, and manually reset my Roku to no avail. The Chosen support team says I need to contact Roku, but Roku no longer provides agent support for my Roku 3. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix either of these issues? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Walstc

Re: "channel installation failed" error when installing channels from streaming store

Jump to solution

Ii am having the exact same issue

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @laurabenavi @Walstc 

Thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you've encountered with receiving an error message "channel installation failed" when trying to add a channel. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue.

We believe that the issue has been resolved. We encourage you to try downloading channels again to check if you can now successfully install them.

Should you encounter any persisting issues, please provide us with the following information so we can further investigate:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (accessible via Settings > System > About).
  • The specific channel or app you were attempting to download.
  • Tracker ID associated with the issue (obtained by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
Your cooperation will assist us in ensuring a smoother experience for all users.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
auryncharm

Re: After a factory reset my Apps are not installing

Jump to solution

Hello I’m having the same exact issue.  Did you receive any response on this at all?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.