Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to sign into the new MAX (formerly HBO Max)

Jump to solution

I'm not really up on the roku gens, just saying there are apps that don't work on different gen devices.  But it seems lots of OS 12's are working and a lot aren't.  It doesn't make sense, some have no problems and others can't get anything to work..  Mine is build 4182-DD no problem.  The Ultra is 4184-C2 and I've seen people having problems.  Need to get the build number for people having problems and see if there is a correlation. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I have 12.0 build 4184 on my Ultra 4800 without any problems. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jordan2240
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ignore topic.  User error.  Turns out I wasn't entering the password correctly because of a character on the Roku keyboard that looked similar to the character I thought I was typing.

0 Kudos
elghaoutiv716
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Home

Settings

Select settings

System update

0 Kudos
San1717

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

I was going thru the a similar issue. I removed the app. Then i happened to go to my Roku settings and updated my Roku box and voila! Totally worked! It gave me the landing page to login. Try updating the Roku software first. 

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How are you logging in direct to MAX or through a "provider"

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Provider bec I have it through AT&T. It’s comes with the data plan I have. Never had an issue in the past 5 years with signing in. And I’m only having issues on the Roku apps and on all my tv’s the same thing. And I’ve done everything everyone has posted and it still does the same thing. 

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Been there, done that. 

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mine is the same but isn’t working. I’ve tried everything 

0 Kudos
dhouse1

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

I did this and it did not work. It goes back to Welcome back page and log in boxes.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.