Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kayaker2001
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

Same.   My HBO subscription is through AT&T Wireless. I wonder if that has something to do with the problem. I can connect on my phone through the new iPhone app just fine, though. So it definitely seems to be an issue with the Roku app or its authentication process. 

jnmaine
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

Same problem others are having - and I've gone through all the recommended steps - removing and re-adding app. making sure Roku is up to date - restarting Roku etc. Made sure signed into Max account, etc.  The new logo shows but when i select it looks as if doing something for a couple of seconds and then just back to logo. Does it work for the Roku support staff?  Is there a Roku bug>? 

jnmaine
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And it just started working  I think so something changed.  Hopefully, will continue

Serra
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Confirmed: Started working now. Seems they fixed it.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I just tried it on my Premiere. I was surprised they didn't carry over the user credentials from the old version of the channel. But I was able to enter the 6 digit code on their provider web page, and use my AT&T credentials to activate the channel. It loaded with my previous user profiles (so the account did retain them). I'll try it on my Ultra later today, but it appears to be working correctly. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jordan2240
Reel Rookie

Unable to sign into the new MAX (formerly HBO Max)

Jump to solution

HBO max updated to Max just fine today, but when I enter my email and password, I get a 'something went wrong' error.  Max is working on my smart TV and computer, so I know I'm entering the information correctly.  I removed and re-added Max, and also unplugged the Roku and plugged it back in to no avail.  Is this a Roku issue or Max issue?

atc98092

Re: Unable to sign into the new MAX (formerly HBO Max)

Jump to solution

@jordan2240 wrote:

I removed and re-added Max, and also unplugged the Roku and plugged it back in to no avail.  Is this a Roku issue or Max issue?

It's a Max issue. When you removed the channel, did you reboot the Roku before adding it back? If not, it wasn't really removed.

Dan

0 Kudos
Lachae_1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I type the Max app in roku tv and it’s not coming up so I can’t download it

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Lachae_1 where are you located? Are you in the US or somewhere else?

Dan

0 Kudos
Lachae_1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m the US. I also searched the App Store and the MAX app is still not showing up 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.