Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

@atc98092 How do you like the 1080p60 content? Seems that's all the AT&T users get now. HBOmax went downhill selling off content, but this is even worse. 

UPDATE: When I commented, I saw that my subscription type was ad-free. The description of with-ads and ad-free is 1080p only. A third tier, premium ad-free, gives you 4K, DV, and atmos. When I played content I knew was 4K HDR, I did not get HDR (of course, the Roku will upscale anything to 4K, but I saw no descriptions claiming anything to be 4K, either.)

Now besides year and rating, I do see 4K, DV, AD. I do get HDR now. But it does show subscription type is ad-free. I hope that changes. I hope they stream 24p again, too.

Short version: Sorry, never mind, too soon.

2nd EDIT: In the time it took me to type that, 24p streams are back, too.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

I haven't watched anything recently on Max, but I was still getting 4K/Dolby Vision without a problem. I'll remember to test that this evening when I test my Ultra 4800.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Deleted HBOmax,  as Roku didn't give the auto update like my firesticks.  Added MAX channel and logged in no problem.  My subscription is direct with HBOmax not through Roku.

0 Kudos
elghaoutiv716
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I get no option to update when I click on the *. It provides app info and an option to close. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @elghaoutiv716,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologized for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Can you please verify if you are receiving error messages or codes when accessing the Max channel?

In addition, please be advised that if the channel you want to remove, the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Do not cancel you may get charged more to start it again.  Just remove hbomax and then just add it back and log in

0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I still can’t get to the streaming area. It lets me sign in but keeps taking me back to the main screen over and over even though I’m signed in. Works fine on the app on my phone. 

0 Kudos
brutus9246
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is it coming up with the new MAX logo after you log in?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Laselllynn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with Max (HBO Max) crashing to the home screen. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the Max channel back to the Roku device
  4. If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I did all of this multiple times. I have the new app and when I go sign-in under my provider account it signs me in but takes me to the welcome back screen and to sign in over and over. Never takes me to the streaming page. The app is working fine on my phone but not Roku. Getting frustrated. 

0 Kudos