Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] HBO Max Channel Loads and Shows 3 Dots

Jump to solution

Hi @Stardestroyer03 @MaineO,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested related to the playback issue with HBO Max and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible and ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating the issue with HBO Max showing a black screen and 3 dots when loading.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
tmowhat
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max - Not Loading Black Screen 3 dots - Black Screen then Screen Saver

Jump to solution

They don't have a solution. They said they are working on it and have zero timeline on when it will be fixed. 

tmowhat
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

HBO didn't have a solution. They said they are working on it and have zero timeline on when it will be fixed. They said to keep updating the app and that's it. 

BUT I DID GET HBO TO WORK VIA "GUEST MODE" VIA someone else's suggestion in this thread. Thank you for the temporary fix! 

You can enter Guest Mode on your Roku device using the steps below:

1. Press Home 

on your Roku remote

2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Guest Mode
  5. Select Enter Guest Mode

6. Enter your PIN
  7. Select OK, and confirm
Stardestroyer03
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@tmowhat 

I said that but the issue is that you have to sign in on everything again app wise which is a pain just to make one app work. I hope there is a different way to solve this issue that doesn't require to sign in all over again whenever I want to use HBO Max.

0 Kudos
PrimaNocta

Jump to solution

this is also happening to me. i have a roku 3.  only hbo max app is affected. loads the hbo max splash screen then 3 dots, then black screen. doesnt get to the profiles. i am at the most recent roku OS and most recent hbo max app.   i can log into hbo max from a web browser fine but not roku..

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @PrimaNocta,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the channel playback issue with HBO Max and we apologized for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team is working diligently to resolve the issue. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, kindly provide the necessary information I requested from my post above.

Please keep us posted with the details. We appreciate your patience while we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Makmak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue with hbo. Been a couple months now. Purple splash screen - 3 dots - black screen —-unresponsive other than the home button. It’s up to date. 

have uninstalled and reinstalled many times  restarted  etc  

really frustrating. 

using roku steaming stick +

0 Kudos
Mjrael
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It does work on Guest mode on the same TV! Why won’t it work on normal mode.  Now I have to sign into guest mode for 1 channel.  Thanks for the solution, but this is wrong on TCL’s part. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Makmak @Mjrael

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. As you can see that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. We'd like to forward your details to the team as it will help us to know look into this further.

Could you provide the requested information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos