Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saturn2
Binge Watcher

Re: HBO Max - Not Loading Black Screen 3 dots - Black Screen then Screen Saver

Jump to solution

the same thing is happening with me

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @saturn2,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue you are seeing. Would you mind giving us more details regarding the issue that occurs? Kindly provide us as well the details requested above

Please let us know any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

At this time, we would recommend checking for a channel update and seeing if you are still experiencing an issue with loading content.

You can check for a channel update by navigating to the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button and selecting Check for updates.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue looking into the issue should the issue not be resolved. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The same exact thing is happening to me. The hbo max app is the only one affected. When I open it it gives me the purple splash screen and then goes black. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, reset my roku, and unplugged my stick. Nothing works. Both my roku and hbo max app are updated. I tried reaching out to hbo max and they just said they would keep me updated. I don’t want to go into guest mode and log out of all my apps just to use hbo max. Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lilgreeneyez

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. 

Have you tried the steps posted above by @RokuDanny-R? If the issue still occurs, kindly provide us with all the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • The channel version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Sonia07

Jump to solution

Mine is doin the same exact thing and it's weird because i made a new Roku account under a different email, downloaded the HBO max app and it worked but for some reason it work on my original account. It only shows the 3 little dots on the bottom then goes to a black screen like u said. 

0 Kudos
Sonia07

Jump to solution

Making a new Roku account will work as i just tried that today since I'm havin the same issue of a black screen 

0 Kudos
Makmak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

HI RokuNimfa-C,

How would we send you all the serial number and device id info without it posting publicly  to this forum?

Yes, the issue only occurs on HBO Max -- that's what this entire thread is about.  It has nothing to do with other channels. 

The steps to reproduce are the same thing everyone has written in this thread -- launch HBO Max. That's the only step.  It gives a purples splash, the 3 white dots to indicate it's loading, then a black screen -- once it's on a black screen the "back" button doesn't function.  Only the "home" button works.

Also, the HBO Max channel is up to date and doesn't allow for any updates to be made.  The system software is also updated.  

0 Kudos
MHess0213

Re: [OS 11.5] HBO Max Channel Loads and Shows 3 Dots

Jump to solution

I’ve tried every step suggested. So far the only way the HBO Max app will work is when the Roku device is on guest mode. All three of my devices that use two different accounts are the same way. Seems like a Roku issue, not a HBO max developer issue. 

Mjrael
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] HBO Max Channel Loads and Shows 3 Dots

Jump to solution

I agree.  This must be a Roku issue if I can play it on Guest Mode. I’m happy that Roku has a ton of niche channels, but I mainly watch a few and HBO Max is one.  I don’t want to have to look for an alternative streaming device, I just want this fixed.

0 Kudos