Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRP3532
Channel Surfer

Global Channel is giving Error code 6

Jump to solution

Yesterday all 3 of my Roku's 4802X & 4800X started having issue with the Global channel. I can go into the channel and select shows and some work and others (ones we watch all the time and as late as 2 days ago) start with the comericals and they complete then when the show starts they come up with an error "There was an error playing this video. Please try again later Error Code: -6". I can reproduce this on all 3 units. All units are indicating they have checked for updates today. 

I can view these shows on either my iphone or my laptop with no issues.

Just wondering if the latest update may have caused a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Global Channel is giving Error code 6

Jump to solution

Hi @JRP3532 and @UncleKinny69,

We are happy to have you here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the Global Channel giving error code 6. We would highly recommend the following steps below:

• Remove the channel >> Restart the device >> Add channel.
  • Update the channel by highlighting the app and pressing the star button on your remote.
  • Restart the router.
  • Contact the channel provider for further assistance as this issue may be specific on their end.

Additionally, you can refer to this support article on how to resolve a channel playback issue for further information.

Kindly keep us informed on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Error -6 on certain shows only - HELP!

Jump to solution

I have 2 ROKU devices in my home. One of the free streaming channels I have is Global TV here in Canada. Today I started to get Error -6 on some of the shows I have been watching for months now without any problems.

I read some support docs and I have:

Removed the Global app

Restarted ROKU from the menu

reInstalled the Global app

No change.

I then restarted my TV and the ROKU app by removing the power and restarted my modem plus checked for updates for both ROKU and the Global app from the ROKU app.

These shows give me the -6 error and will no longer play, work fine on my other TV in the bedroom with my second ROKU device, plus both TV's/ROKU run off the same modem/internet connection.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JRP3532 and @UncleKinny69,

We are happy to have you here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the Global Channel giving error code 6. We would highly recommend the following steps below:

• Remove the channel >> Restart the device >> Add channel.
  • Update the channel by highlighting the app and pressing the star button on your remote.
  • Restart the router.
  • Contact the channel provider for further assistance as this issue may be specific on their end.

Additionally, you can refer to this support article on how to resolve a channel playback issue for further information.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: Error -6 on certain shows only - HELP!

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.

I did all your suggestions numerous times with no change. The same channel and shows work fine on my other TV upstairs which uses a second ROKU device fed by the same router and internet connection, so I really can't imagine how it could be a problem with the channel.

There must be something else causing this. Any suggestions?

Ken

0 Kudos
Digger71319
Reel Rookie

Re: Error -6 on certain shows only - HELP!

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and followed the recommended steps.

Have received a reply from Global?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @UncleKinny69 and @Digger71319.

If the issue is persistent after performing the necessary troubleshooting steps above, we would highly suggest that you contact the channel provider and inquire further, as this issue and error code might be specific and known on their end and may require a necessary update of the channel from the Roku platform.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JRP3532
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank for your response, I have already tried all the recommended steps and this didn’t resolve the issue.

I will try to contact Gobal to see if they are aware of this issue and will provide an update.

0 Kudos
Granby

Jump to solution

Been at this 2 hours with no luck, have tried all the suggestions and Global says it's fine. Please help

0 Kudos
JRP3532
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have also submitted the issue to Gobal support but have not heard back from them yet. I suspect I will get the same response as you did but you never know.

0 Kudos
AshleyStoughton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having this same issue!! Error code -6 on living room TV

Works fine in bedroom. Followed all the steps. Nothing. Please send help.

0 Kudos