Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Themotorpool
Reel Rookie

Getting two Roku boxes to match

I have 2x Roku boxes. How do I get them to match? Can I, get them to match? I’ve tried logging in and logging out and factory resetting the one that I want to match, hoping, it’ll re-download the channels and look like the other one, but, nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Getting two Roku boxes to match

If you're speaking of the arrangement of the icons on your Home Screen, then you have to arrange them yourself on each device.  The same channels should be installed assuming each device has the same capabilities, but they may not be installed in the same order.  You can rearrange the icons by highlighting one, pressing * on your Roku remote, and choosing the "Move app" option.  Use the arrows on the remote to move it and then press "OK" when you have it where you want it.  Synchronizing the setup of multiple devices is something that many users have been requesting for many, many years.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Themotorpool
Reel Rookie

So, the answer is, no, it doesn’t sync like that, between devices. That feature would be really helpful. I don’t relish the idea of getting all my boxes together and doing it one app at a time. It’s 2024. How is this not an option? All my other apps look identical with favorites, saved, likes, etc., when I open them. Amazon, YouTube, Apple TV, Pluto, Paramount….

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Themotorpool there's just as many users that would complain if the order was the same, so there's no winning here. As to making it a user selectable option, we don't know how difficult that might be to create, or even if it's possible. As someone who has dabbled in some programming languages, it's not always easy to do something that everyone thinks would be simple. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mdarrish
Binge Watcher

One way to satisfy both sets of users in the hypothetical home screen sync would be to also provide a button to click to either sync home screens or not sync home screens, and on which set(s) of devices.

There would likely be some apps that are not be available on one device or another, e.g. available on a streaming box, but not a TCL TV, in which the hypothetical app could insert a placeholder, keeping all synched screens looking the same to the degree possible.

As a former assembly language programmer,  agreed that non-developers generally have little or no idea how much work any particular feature takes, often significantly under-estimating. Heck, developers themselves have trouble estimating that until they start designing and coding.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.