Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnpatd

Getting ads on Paramount Plus premium.

Jump to solution

I started getting ads on my Paramount Plus premium account. How do I this remedied. I am planning on canceling my account in June if this issue isn’t corrected 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Getting ads on Paramount Plus premium.

Jump to solution

@Johnpatd-

Paramount Plus "Go Ad Free" pages says "Stream commercial free (except live TV and a few shows)".

I don't have a Paramount + ad-free account to check, but in general, embedded commercials are not unusual in live broadcasts.

Viewing live TV streams (i.e. those you're viewing the same time as they are going out over the air and cable) cannot just skip ahead to avoid the commericals.  They will often contain the ads being broadcast.  or as an alternative, they may substitute a "commercial in progress" screen or other filler to bridge the time gap until the program resumes.

Programs viewed on demand according to your own schedule on an ad-free account generally are able to just skip the commercial breaks and jump right back into the program.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your patience as we addressed the matter at hand. We understand your concerns regarding commercials in Paramount+ with Showtime through The Roku Channel.

We are pleased to inform you that we believe this issue has been resolved.

Should you continue to experience this problem, please feel free to initiate a new thread.

If you need further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Tmbolis719
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been paying for Paramount Plus with Showtime Premium for quite awhile now. Why do I now have commercials? 

makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Johnpatd-

Paramount Plus "Go Ad Free" pages says "Stream commercial free (except live TV and a few shows)".

I don't have a Paramount + ad-free account to check, but in general, embedded commercials are not unusual in live broadcasts.

Viewing live TV streams (i.e. those you're viewing the same time as they are going out over the air and cable) cannot just skip ahead to avoid the commericals.  They will often contain the ads being broadcast.  or as an alternative, they may substitute a "commercial in progress" screen or other filler to bridge the time gap until the program resumes.

Programs viewed on demand according to your own schedule on an ad-free account generally are able to just skip the commercial breaks and jump right back into the program.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Tmbolis719
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank You. Unfortunately it was not live tv or On Demand. It is 2 series that I have been watching for a couple months now. I’m even a few seasons in on each show which have never had commercials and now they do. 

0 Kudos
2013jcd

Jump to solution

I started getting commercials in the middle of a show while on my paramount plus.  There is a timer that shows either 30 or 60 secs.  Unable to fast forward.   Was wondering what changed?  

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

We're starting to see a bunch of similar complaints of ads on ad-free Paramount+ accounts.  I think Paramount has a problem at their end.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello, Community users!

We understand that some of our customers are experiencing ads on Paramount Plus through The Roku Channel, despite having the ad-free tier of Paramount Plus with Showtime through The Roku Channel.

We are aware of this issue and are actively working to resolve it. While we don't have an update, please know we will inform you as soon as possible.

If you need additional help, https://support.roku.com/contactus

We recognize the importance of resolving this matter quickly and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on a solution.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
steve_remsing
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think there has been ample time to fix this issue.  I also assume you are still charging us the higher fee for no ads, even though we are now getting ads.  Doesn't seem quite right. We are definitely not getting what we are pahying for.  I'm sure you are going to start losing a lot of customers now.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I assume you are paying for Paramount+ through Roku? If so, that is your problem. NEVER subscribe through a 3rd party. I subscribe directly to Paramount+, and am having no problems with ads in programs (still stupid they have an unskippable pre-roll "promo" before I can watch anything.)

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your patience as we addressed the matter at hand. We understand your concerns regarding commercials in Paramount+ with Showtime through The Roku Channel.

We are pleased to inform you that we believe this issue has been resolved.

Should you continue to experience this problem, please feel free to initiate a new thread.

If you need further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.