Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Classicrun
Channel Surfer

Re: Freevee channel not working

Same. Getting old. 

Classicrun
Channel Surfer

As long as I don’t sign in to my account, it works so it can’t save a list or continue watching where you left off. Annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ericap615 @Classicrun,

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear about the issue you are seeing with the channel. 

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions (removing>restarting>reinstalling), videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
degunny

Ever since. Updated my Roku to v12 I cannot access my FreeVee account. I also had a Roku Express I returned because of the same behavior with YouTube. Open app, watch as app closes and returns you to home page. This is obviously an issue with the latest Roku update. If I can’t watch my choice of streamed content on Roku, I’ll need to shop around for an alternative. 

Re: freevee channel not working

The rebooting and installing the app and all this does NOT work there is a problem and all you guys KEEP on telling us to do the same thing over and over and it’s time to find the root of the problem instead of talking in a circle don’t you think ?

Dp66ny
Reel Rookie

I noticed that if I don't log into my Freevee account after doing the re-install and re-start it will not loop me. But if I try to sign into my Freevee account it will send me on a loop again

Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

I'm still using Freevee without signing in. It still saves previously viewed stuff, so not having an account isn't a huge deal.

I'm just annoyed that Roku hasn't tried working this stuff out directly with Amazon. They'd rather leave that responsibility on us. 🤷‍♂️

BlarneyStone
Binge Watcher

As noted previously, there is also the workaround of searching for the show in Roku and pulling it up in Freevee with your sign in activated (still brings you back to the home screen when you hit the back button) and using the Amazon Prime video app. 

Perhaps if everyone chimed in on this Amazon thread below we could get one of these companies to do something. It would be nice if Roku staff could light the fire under Amazon/Freevee if they are so sure it isn’t a Roku issue. As was mentioned before, stop pushing the user community to get the issue fixed, but take up the mantle and you do it Roku. 

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q0000BO9b1iSQB/freevee-goes-back-to-roku-home-screen-when...

beejay72

I’m having same issue I tried all the steps. I find if I do not login Free ER is working fine on my Roku box. I like login so I. An save and continue.

Athenapua
Reel Rookie

Being able to login is so important if you watch Freevee on TV's & phone app. Since I can't continue watching on phone when I leave home ... well, now watching Tubi shows instead. Freevee (aka Amazon) losing ad revenue from all former viewers. smh