Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmears1
Binge Watcher

Re: Fox News App major issues

Jump to solution

NONE ... repeat NONE of the "resolution" items 1 -4 have ANY impact on the problem.  And, "reach out to Fox News support" is absurd.  THERE IS NO ONE TO REACH OUT TO.  Never has been.

Given the longevity and breadth of this often recurring problem, it would seem appropriate for ROKU and FOX to reach some kind of resolution.  This is most assuredly NOT any individual Roku user's issue.

Thank you....

0 Kudos
mmears1
Binge Watcher

Re: Fox News Live Not Loading Past 13%

Jump to solution

I've been saying the EXACT SAME THING to Roku yet their responses continue to be the same ... and useless.  If you contact Comcast, Dish, or any other provider, they say ... contact Roku.  Roku says contact Fox News Support ... except THERE IS NO ONE TO CONTACT.  

It's bewildering that Roku chooses to ignore the fact that we ... users ... cannot contact "Fox News Support."  And the only time I actually spoke to someone with the Fox organization, they said ... "contact Roku."

This isn't "Bob's Knitting Channel", it's FOX News and Fox Business and their respective viewership.  ROKU needs to engage with FOX and find a permanent solution.

PLEASE!!!

mmears1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku needs to resolve this.  It is NOT a Fox News app, Comcast (or any other service provider) issue?  And the Roku suggestion to "contact Fox News Support" is absurd.  That DOES NOT EXIST for Fox News or Fox Business.  Likewise, anyone else you contact (service providers, Fox, etc.) all say the same thing.  "Contact Roku."  This issue has been reoccuring for over 2 years.  

The exasperated person on the recent Fox chat finally told me I could call (888) 369-4762.  THAT, btw, is the main Fox number.  Doubtful that Sean Hannity, Greg Gutfeld or any number of show producers are equipped to assist ... or care.

As a reminder ... Fox News Digital finished the first quarter of 2024 as the No. 1 news organization in both multiplatform minutes and multiplatform views.  And this didn't just happen ....

Since January 2002, FNC has remained the most-watched cable news network across both total day and primetime with total viewers and the 25-54 demographic.

ROKU ... it's time to find a permanent fix.  This isn't "Bob's Knitting Channel."  It's Fox News and Fox Business and their respective viewerships.  FIX THIS PLEASE

Stjrussell
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well said @mmears1 @maybe time to switch to firestick. This is ludicrous!!!!!

Scolli23
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Many cable companies are dropping the regular old cable line ups. that means all your typical free apps that you logged into with cable email address, are gone. The companies have gone to youtube tv etc...

My cable company is WOW, wideopenwest,  they no longer allow free apps. if you want to continue watching, you have to buy apps individually or pay for youtube tv, etc... 

0 Kudos
Zigz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did find the issues that were preventing the app from working on all LAN devices.

The issue was my router/firewall policies blocking the Fox News ad-collecting sites, which are tied to the app on Roku when you log into FOX.

All the sites/links shown in the screenshot below were being blocked. I had to set up rules in the router to allow these sites. After that was done, the problem has been fixed for over 30 days now.

Fox News.JPG

MissVickie24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is the only app that I have the same problem with, Maybe they don't want us to watch foxnews..

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: FOX NEWS will not laod past 13% on my ROKU. What should I do?

Jump to solution

Hi, @TLRZ 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting know about the issue you've encountered with Fox News not loading past the 13% while streaming, and we'd be happy to assist you by providing series of troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem at hand. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Additionally, you can also restart your modem/router to have an optimal network connection while streaming. 

Hoping this addresses the issue, and keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We're here to assist with the Fox News Live playback issue. If you have a standalone Fox News channel or app, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot this problem.

1.  Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel.'
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > System restart.
  3. Once your player starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen and add the channel again.

We also suggest refreshing your home network connection by rebooting your wireless router and internet modem if you are experiencing an issue with a channel loading content. If the problem persists, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly for further assistance. For any issues with their channel, please reach out to Fox News.

If the problem is directly related to the Roku live TV tile, please provide us with the following for further investigation.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TLRZ
Reel Rookie

Re: FOX NEWS will not laod past 13% on my ROKU. What should I do?

Jump to solution

This still does not work. Still stopping at 13%

Thank you

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.