Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azleatherneck
Channel Surfer

Re: Fox News Channel not available

It’s the APP

0 Kudos
Azleatherneck
Channel Surfer

Done this multiple times 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Azleatherneck,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the Fox News channel. Are you using a VPN? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Barney3
Binge Watcher

Thanks John

No VPN.  When I use the Fox News app It directs me to Fox News website.  At the Fox News site, wants to know who my TV provider is.  ROKU is not listed.  When I used the Fox Nation app ROKU connected me to the service and ROKU charges me for the service.  I f ROKU handles Fox Nation Why not Fox News?  Maybe an app problem?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Fox News and Fox Nation are NOT the same! The Fox News app is a TV Everywhere app that requires a matching subscription to a TV service like cable, satellite, and streaming cable like YouTube TV. Fox Nation is a separate standalone subscription.

0 Kudos
Barney3
Binge Watcher

OK I just think its funny ROKu can supply live TV from every  where but Fox News

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Roku does not supply any live TV from cable networks. You would run into the same problem on any streaming device. The app just runs on a Roku, but the data comes from the various services own servers.

0 Kudos
Barney3
Binge Watcher

Tox Weather is broadcast mot cable?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Every content owner gets to decide if/how/and how much they want to be paid.  Some owners still like the cable TV model where they only have to deal with a relatively few cable companies.  Others have embraced a direct to end-user streaming model, with whatever they believe is a good income model (payments, ads, both). 

This is certainly a complicated time to be a content owner.  All the traditional outlets are still around, plus the streaming ‘cable replacement” companies, plus the option to create your own app on at least 10 different operating systems that are all continuing to evolve.  For example, Showtime Anytime has been around for years, but have announced that that ends (on every streaming platform) tomorrow.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Barney3
Binge Watcher

ok and thanks for your input.  If Fox News and ROKU can make a deal let us know.  We like ROKU and would love to have it supply all our streaming needs.

0 Kudos