Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Fox News Channel not available

If you don’t want to wait, people who want roku to supply all of their TV, often add a “cable replacement” style service.  According to www.suppose.tv, some such packages that include Fox News would be: Sling Blue. YouTube TV, Hulu Live TV, DirecTV Stream, and fubo Pro.  (But please check yourself before signing up.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I doubt Roku will ever have a paid TV service of their own.

The only way you could get Fox News from Roku is if they offered a standalone subscription. Awhile ago, they said they have no plans to do that. And even then, subscribing through a 3rd party like Roku can often cause payment and other issues.

0 Kudos
Barney3
Binge Watcher

I get Paramont+ and pecock through ROKO so the do it now

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

They only act as a middleman between your money and the service, and take a bit of it for themselves, and sell your info for more money. They do not actually do any video. Even the services available through The Roku Channel are just front ends to the services own service.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Yes, those companies believe in selling individual streaming channels, on Roku and various other platforms.

Another news channel had a streaming service for about 2 weeks.  Then they got a new CEO with a different opinion on the value of a stand-alone streaming package, and it was gone.

0 Kudos
Barney3
Binge Watcher

I think ROKU has the opertunity to be the only streamer to give us the ability to customize a supplyer of video content without hundreds of sources no onr wants

0 Kudos
Barney3
Binge Watcher

If ROKU does it I am investing in there stock

Strega2
Roku Guru

Yes, well, that’s what they are now.  Except for the “only” because other streaming platforms allow you to you to pick and chose channel/apps as well. 

Like you I have Paramount+, but not Peacock, and have a variety of other ones including some weird ones like beta max TV.  (It's an acquired taste.) 😀

0 Kudos
GW275

Agree. Will get a different streaming stick. Screw Roku

ALPike
Reel Rookie

Fox News will not load.  I have tons of band width/speed.  All others apps load.  What's up?

Fix Fox!