Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Fox News App major issues

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @chrismore!

We sincerely regret to hear about the experience with the app. We'd like to know more about your concerns so we can provide you with an accurate resolution.

Kindly specify the issues you have been experiencing within the app so we can offer some troubleshooting methods to help you get back on streaming. 

Please be also aware that the channel provider, FoxNews App, is the one who provided, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform. In the meantime, you can try to highlight the app and press the star* button on your remote to help you update it. 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Fox News App major issues

It's been going on for a little over a month now where we can get into the app, but when you click watch now,  it loads to 13% and sits there.  Never comes on.

DPP1
Channel Surfer

Same story here.  I contacted Fox News like Roku suggested, but Fox never responded.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Blink182rfl.

Thank you for raising your concern with us. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.  

Before proceeding, may we know if this is an isolated case within the Fox News Channel alone? Does following the steps on How to resolve a channel playback issue help you?

Let us know so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. We'll be waiting!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DPP1
Channel Surfer

Yes, I have done all the troubleshooting in your article several times.  It has not helped. Yes, it is isolated to Fox News.  A previous Roku moderator told me it is not a Roku problem and to contact Fox News directly as Fox maintains the app.  Fox does return calls.  Based on all the Roku users having the same issue (never loading), I would have expected Roku to contact Fox directly, and not send me on a wild goose chase.

BOOBOO8675

Same here, loading stuck at 13%, I delete app then reinstall, that works sometimes.

Jeannemalone
Reel Rookie

Once you enter the code it says you have been successful but the APP on ROKU never opens?  I tried deleting the APP and uploading it trying again to sign in with new codes but the APP is not opening. It opens on my computer, cell and iPad but none of my ROKU devices

Jeanne 

Easjeanne@aol.com 

Jeannemalone
Reel Rookie

I deleted apps on 2 ROKUS and the same thing happens. Entering code, then says it was successful and never loads. Then I click on the APP and it stops loading at 13 %

Jeannemalone
Reel Rookie

I deleted the APP, reinstalled, used the code , it said successful but does not load. Then I click on APP and on both ROKUS it stays stuck on 13%

0 Kudos
Lights

Same here, you enter the code it says you have been successful but the APP on ROKU never opens. I tried deleting the APP and uploading it trying again to sign in with new codes but the APP is not opening. It does not work on any of my 7 ROKU devices.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.