Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OregonDad

Re: ESPN the requested page is not configured

My ESPN app doesn't work on any device. On the home screen the option to remove ESPN is also missing. Says it's up to date. When I attempt to open the app the following is displayed -

An unexpected error occurred

The requested page not configured

Then there is a white rectangle that says OKAY. Selecting okay takes you back to the home screen

ROKU 4K, two expresses, one TLC Roku, and One Hisense Roku TV's

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OregonDad,

Thanks for flagging us about this and for making your first post here in the Roku Community. Have you tried removing the channel to see if there are any differences after doing that? If not, follow the guided steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@OregonDad Are you using a VPN?  Are you in the United States?

0 Kudos
OpusThePenguin
Channel Surfer

I continue to have the same problem as OregonDad.  I followed all the steps you outlined, including logging back in to my ESPN account, which was successful.  This did not solve the problem & I have been getting the same Error message for the last couple weeks.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OpusThePenguin,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the ESPN channel. We're happy to assist you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, could you send us a photo of your error message or code?

Let us know how it works, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
OpusThePenguin
Channel Surfer

OK, here's the scoop - After trying numerous troubleshooting ideas with the ROKU App, I called ESPN+ support and spent two hours with them working this.  It turns out to be a much higher level problem than the ROKU or ESPN app.  All my devices (Cell Phone, Roku, Desktop Computer) are unable to access espnplus.com and will not let me login.  Simply trying to view the espnplus.com website is denied - its like my IP has been blacklisted.  Switching my phone to the Cellular network with no WiFi resulted in immediate success using the ESPN iphone app.  Weirdly, Disney+ and Hulu are unaffected.  ESPN+ tech support are working on the problem & have stated my IP is not blacklisted.  If a final solution is obtained, I plan to post it here.  Thank You Moderator John for responding and helping.

0 Kudos
OpusThePenguin
Channel Surfer

IMG_5171Small.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-13 Smaller.jpg

0 Kudos
lbrigman
Reel Rookie

The reinstallation got me to the activate page when the app started up but as soon as I activated the device, I get the same original message.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lbrigman,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We understand, and we appreciate you reaching us about this. Try connecting your device to an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, and then try accessing it again to see if there are any differences.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
user4193

@OpusThePenguin any update from ESPN or your ISP? I seem to be having the same problem on my home network. Started 1-2 weeks ago. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.