Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miklyn34
Reel Rookie

Re: Does Fox News not work on ROKU?

Jump to solution

So annoying 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @STRINGBENDER,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Does the issue only occur on Fox News or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Do you receive an error message?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
STRINGBENDER
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi and thanks!

I have a patriot level subscription but recently can not receive the streaming live shows, such as fox and friends, the five, gutfield and etc.  everything else the delayed stuff and shows work fine.  if I remove the channel and re install I can watch a preview for one hour.  Fox tech could not help me.  

It has worked fine for months and all of a sudden I needed to authenticate which I cant successfully do.

tried all updates and reset,  

any ideas?  thanks, Jim

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for following up, @STRINGBENDER

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

If the issue remains unresolved, we recommend contacting again FOX News directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach FOX NEWS here

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
STRINGBENDER
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still no resolution,  Very frustrating because I only wanted to watch FOX live stuff not the pre recorded dribble.  Fox is NO HELP, they blame ROKU.  ROKU NO HELP THEY BLAME FOX

wish I could go back in time and not buy these **bleep** 4 ROKU smart tvs

A FRUSTRATED disgruntled customer,

JIm

0 Kudos
JCL2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your post because I am finding this pretty frusthrating . Bought 3 Roku sticks but am realizing the problems here with FoxNews. ANNOYING for sure. 

0 Kudos
STRINGBENDER
Channel Surfer

Re: Does Fox News not work on ROKU? update, they may be working on it

Jump to solution

Now I can remove and reinstall fox nation and re install and successfully get a 60 minute trial without password when I used to have to enter pw.  FIX THIS 

0 Kudos
PlasticJesus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Quick update from OP.

I gave up on my Roku and bought a Chromecast with YouTube TV. I haven't had a problem since.

0 Kudos
JCL2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, I didn't want to buy a new TV, that's for sure  😞

0 Kudos
AnnieBugg

Re: Does ROKU have something against Fox News?

Jump to solution

On my roku tv and roku express on fire TV BOTH no longer work as promised WITHOUT NOW HAVING TO PAY FOR CABLE TV.

The idea that we, the Senior population,  on fixed incomes installed Roku Express on Vizio TV which HAD BEEN WORKING to get Fox News...NOW IT DOESN'T....

ROKU TV no longer streams Fox News... 

YES, There really is a Big Problem. 

Seniors' on fixed incomes don't have extra money to subscribe to a cable service. We all wish Roku would fix this issue.

Thank you from the Senior Population 

0 Kudos