Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LLYWA

Does Fox News not work on ROKU?

Jump to solution

Fox News and Fox Business News are the only stations that constantly have connection issues.  I have logged in repeatedly for a week and still those two channels do not work. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
optikhog
Roku Guru

Re: Does ROKU have something against Fox News?

Jump to solution

Huh? Roku is not responsible for the content or upkeep of the channels. You will want to reach out to Fox News Corp Corp. for help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
43 REPLIES 43
optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Huh? Roku is not responsible for the content or upkeep of the channels. You will want to reach out to Fox News Corp Corp. for help.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

ROKU is censoring FOX NEWS and not allowing us to have an opinion on who we the people want to listen to.  Sign of the end times!

optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Please site your evidence of this.  As stated MANY times, FOX NEWS is in charge of the content on the FOX NEWS channel.  If you have problems, please take the time to contact them.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There was an update to the FoxNews app yesterday 11/9 (3.15.101320201015) after which I was required to re-login/re-authenticate with my TV provider. 

Other than that issue (which happens with some frequency for different apps), all of the FoxNews content streams normally/without problems.

There is no censoring/suppression of the FoxNews app and/or its streaming content

FoxNews (like many app providers) simply needs to do a better job maintaining their app, especially across system and app updates/upgrades.

0 Kudos
PlasticJesus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

YouTube TV on Roku has had problems with Fox news since early October. I don't know why this problem is marked solved. Fox news works fine on YouTube TV with the app on exactly the same network as my Roku is on and Fox news replays consistently have issues on Roku where there are no issues on the mobile app.

Maybe instead of dismissing the problem you can actually look into it.

It is easily and consistently reproducible.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
@PlasticJesus wrote:

YouTube TV on Roku has had problems with Fox news since early October. I don't know why this problem is marked solved. Fox news works fine on YouTube TV with the app on exactly the same network as my Roku is on and Fox news replays consistently have issues on Roku where there are no issues on the mobile app.

Maybe instead of dismissing the problem you can actually look into it.

It is easily and consistently reproducible.

Different issue - the OP is about the FN and FBN apps - not the YT TV app.

YT TV has had issues with the playback of their recordings of FN evening content before midnight - on all platforms, not just Roku.

Again, this is an entirely different/separate issue from that claimed in the original post.

You should take the issue up with YTTV support if you are having problems streaming FN/FBN content through YTTV (They'll likely credit you at least half a month).

0 Kudos
WHY123
Reel Rookie

Re: Does Fox News not work on ROKU?

Jump to solution

Fox news delay works on YouTube Fox News Live channel does not

0 Kudos
davjanhenderson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have to renew my sign up almost daily.  I have cable service with WOW cable in Florida, so have access to the ROKU app for Fox News.  I don't have the problem on another TV with a Firestick and I have other Fox apps with no problem either.

If ROKU want so keep up, they may want to meet with the app developer to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@davjanhenderson

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos