Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seacastle
Reel Rookie

Re: Does ROKU have something against Fox News?

Jump to solution

I keep having the same issue, having to log-in through Directv everyday.  This is a ROKU issue not the provider or Fox News.

KellyT

Re: Does Fox News not work on ROKU?

Jump to solution

I have tried to get the live news channel for a week.  It NEVER takes the code it gives me... Says it is incorrect... Tries at least a dozen times today alone... Any ideas??

davjanhenderson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have sent messages to Fox News and so far no answer.  I don't have problems with other platforms and will be switching to Firestick for my Fox News feed.

I also have noticed drastic lagging on the menu and loading other apps like local news, Prime Video and Netflix on my Roku.  My connection is 400 MB fiber, so I know that isn't the issue.

Drakegts

Jump to solution

Bingo, I have to go through the sign-in and authorize procedures every time I wish to view live stream on Fox News. Roku is the only streaming service with which I have this problem...it's not a FoxNews ap problem, it IS A ROKU probably.. and annoying. FIX IT ROKU!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Drakegts

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact FOX News support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lvegas

ROKU and FOX News app not staying connected

Jump to solution

Agree 100% I have also signed in multiple times with my Verizon Fios and I cant get the Fox News App to stay connected. There is nothing to complain to Fox News about its ROKU that seems to have problem with this steaming app. #Foxnews.com 

0 Kudos
Tmc2

Jump to solution

I reached out to Fox News they said it is not their app it is a Roku problem. I reached out to Roku and they're blaming Fox News. Only app I'm having a problem with. I think must be biased

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tmc2

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Fox News channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
miklyn34
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree entirely.  I've logged out and in and updated the app.  It's maddening

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @miklyn34,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
3. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos