Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellyshaye
Reel Rookie

Do the channels ever update content?

I got my ROKU TV about a month ago and it seems like I'm watching the same shows over and over again. Does the content ever update to more current episodes-on Live TV?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Do the channels ever update content?

What channel(s)?  There are Hundreds if not thousands of them.  I don't think an individual person could ever get through all of them!

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
kellyshaye
Reel Rookie

All of the channels that I choose to watch.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kellyshaye,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

If there is new software available or there are updates for your channels, then your Roku player will download and install them automatically, and once completed, your Roku player will reboot.

If you are installing channels and need help, review the steps for adding channels to your Roku streaming player.

We hope this helps; please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

All the channels do rotate the same shows, episodes, and content. It's been 3 months for me so far and they still have not changed. 

0 Kudos

he is not talking about the downloadable channels. He is referring to the "Live TV" free channels.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.