Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LGSteve
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney plus Bundle - ESPN+ not working

Jump to solution

I've just spent 2 hours trying to figure this out....everything works with ESPN+ on my PC but it's kind of jittery.  My brand new Roku Stick does not work with ESPN+ verification method.  I have no "provider" (it used to be DirecTV but they are in a contract dispute now with ESPN).  I can't believe this problem has not been fixed in 4 months!!!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @LGSteve!

Thanks for letting us know about the streaming issues you've encountered with your ESPN+ subscription. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

Please be advised that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication, and many Roku channels are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves. It's important to note that Roku simply hosts the channel on the platform and does not have direct management control over it.

In this case, we highly recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for further assistance. You may reach them here: ESPN+ Support

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@LGSteve To activate ESPN Plus open the ESPN app on your Roku device.  Go to settings.   Do not select choose TV provider.  Scroll down to my disney account.  Enter your email and password used for your Disney account and you should be logged into ESPN Plus.

0 Kudos
LGSteve
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for trying to help.  When I try to access the older US Open shows, it's popping up "Connection Error / We are unable to connect you to the service.  Please verify that you are connect to the internet and try again".

I had contacted ESPN tech support via chat and I thought I was okay after they "refreshed" my account but after the call, I was back in the loop of either (1) re-validating my device with their activate request or (2) Connection Error as above.

What a joke this is, except I've got a subscription I can't use on my TV.  When I try to watch on my PC, it's a very herky jerky video and not suited to a high speed sport like tennis.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @LGSteve.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

It seems like this is an issue within the app exclusively since it also happens when you try to stream via your PC. In cases like this, we highly recommend you continue coordinating this with their Support team.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jdls
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly this being an issue that ALL Roku users that want to stream ESPN + on Roku have, could Roku reach out to ESPN/Disney on behalf of your Roku users to make sure that ESPN prioritizes this on their end?

we can all call ESPN as it has been suggested multiple times in this thread, but the problem that the ESPN customer support person that ‘picks up the phone’, won’t likely have the autonomy to solve the issue. 

thanks

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@jdls This is not a problem that ALL Roku users are having.  I just tried streaming ESPN + on my Roku streaming Stick 4k and it worked perfect.  I used ESPN+ on my daughters TCL Roku TV this weekend also with no problems.

0 Kudos
LGSteve
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

From my chat session with ESPM+ Support 2 minutes ago.

I see. Thanks for that information. It seems like this issue only occurs if ESPN+ is used with a Roku device. I went ahead and checked here on our end we are currently working with Roku hand and hand to resolve this issue. Currently, there is no estimated amount of time but our technical teams are working on it urgently and working hard to get everything up and running.  We're really sorry to be holding you up today!

They suggest I try another device, like my PC or tablet!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @LGSteve.

Thanks for keeping us posted here.

If you're accessing ESPN+ directly from the standalone app, you may highlight the channel tile and press the star (*) button to update this app every now and then.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LGSteve
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I finally got someone at ESPN+ support to figure out the problem. My account is a subscription to ESPN+, not ESPN3 which has all the important US Open matches.  I mis-interpreted the ESPN+ as meaning all of ESPN. Shame on me for not understanding this convoluted marketing scheme they have for extra money from the public!  The rep suggested I get a provider like FUBO or one of the other online providers!

The clue was that I had the same problem on 4 different devices:  iPad, Android, Roku, Samsung.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.