Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

That’s not accurate. Disney also will not allow screen share from the Disney+ Basic from any others devices until connected my HDMI. I’ve tried from my windows and apple devices with no luck. I even called customer service for both and they said that it’s a restriction from either Disney or Roku. I’d say both because Roku screen shares every other app perfectly.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That’s not accurate. Disney also will not allow screen share from the Disney+ Basic from any others devices until connected my HDMI. I’ve tried from my windows and apple devices with no luck. I even called customer service for both and they said that it’s a restriction from either Disney or Roku. I’d say both because Roku screen shares every other app perfectly.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Avid_reader33 we don't know who you're responding to, but here's an observation. If screen mirroring works with every channel but one, the problem is not with the Roku. The channel is telling the Roku it can't be screen mirrored. And since you're stating this is about Disney Basic, and since that's not available on Roku devices, then it's plain that Disney is the one blocking being able to screen share their content. The Roku has no idea what is being projected from a computer (all it's seeing is a video and audio stream), so there's no way it's blocking access to screen mirroring Disney Basic.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
defiantoneks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

well, i've "Solved" the problem myself… Hulu is a goner. Back to Sling. At least I get what I pay for there.

0 Kudos
cmpdmio83

Jump to solution

I have Disney plus and Paramount plus on fire stick; neither one will let me log in with the password and email set up for them from fire stick to Roku; everything else I had no problem transferring. they want me to pay for paramount plus on Roku when it is paid for via fire stick/Amazon; that is not fair.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cmpdmio83 services subscribed to directly with the provider can be accessed on any device. We can access Disney+ on Roku, Android, or other devices. Same with HBO Max, as both are subscribed directly with the provider.

Services subscribed to through a 3rd party often have restrictions on how that service can be accessed. If you subscribe to something through Roku, it can only be accessed on Roku devices. If you subscribe to something through Amazon (on the Fire device), you are only going to be able to access that subscription through Amazon. Sometimes that service can be accessed on other devices through the Prime Video app, and sometimes it can only be accessed on an Amazon device (Fire TV or tablet). That is common throughout the industry, and not something specific to Roku, Amazon, or any other provider. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Clnc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's fine for you but sling doesn't have nbc regional sports and hulu is the best price for the live TV if you want to watch baseball, which I definitely do. Also, with hulu live, they give you disney plus with ads included so I have also solved it... never buy another roku and use my LG smart TV and fire stick to watch disney. Also, this community seems more like a roku fan page, maybe some roku employees are in it.

0 Kudos
defiantoneks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Clnci think you do what suits your watching needs. If you like the services you get with Hulu for what you're paying, great. Go with it. I don't watch live local TV outside of NFL games, and in that case I can suffer through with my antenna. The signals arent the best, but it isn't worth it to me to pay Hulu 32 bucks a month more for channels I don't need and a Disney service that cant be accessed.

0 Kudos
ncol

Jump to solution

This was really disappointing for my family, too. I gave up what I did not know was legacy pricing for the Hulu/Disney bundle being given no warning as I cancelled, to switch to the bundle with ads also with no warning during the switching process of the ramifications. Of course when I tried switching back to my original bundle, the price was much higher.

I had used Roku since it was first offered for purchase through Netflix. We have now switched from Roku to the Amazon Fire streaming stick in order to stream Disney Plus with ads.

craigatl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Using Air Play or Screen Mirror is a somewhat ridiculous response to getting around a dispute that Roku has with Disney. The simplest solution is to buy a Fire TV stick currently available for around $20.

We have 4 Roku devices and have replaced two so far with Fire TV. The performance of the Fire products is superior to Roku for us and Amazon has yet to have a carriage dispute.

Roku seems to love to place the customer in the middle and we are over it.