Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

@HarryJB it was literally in the post above yours. I wasn't being judgmental, but a new user should take a moment to review at least the most recent posts within a specific thread. 

That said, I do welcome you to the community, and hope you have many enjoyable experiences here as well as while using your Roku device. Please take my comment simply as a brotherly piece of advice, and don't be afraid of asking questions here. That's the primary purpose of this community, for sharing knowledge and providing peer assistance. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
HarryJB

Jump to solution

thanks

0 Kudos
Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm subscribed to Hulu live with ads with Disney+ with ads and ESPN. My TV is not a smart TV. I'm using a Roku stick am using the Disney + app with my Hulu log in.

Prior to yesterday, I was logged into Disney+ app but there was a message saying Disney with ads is not compatible with Roku devices. Yesterday the app said to do system update on Roku home and then I had access finally. 

0 Kudos
Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It works now! Do system update on Roku home settings. Then go back to Disney app and you can now watch Disney+ with ads! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and we appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Good news! We're happy to announce that Disney Plus Basic (With Ads) is now available on Roku.

Please be advised that Disney Plus Basic (With Ads) does not require installing a separate channel. Roku users can change subscriptions directly from their Roku accounts by signing in at my.roku.com  or on their Roku device and following the instructions to change or downgrade subscriptions billed through Roku Pay.

For more information, check out our post on the Roku Blog here: Disney+ Basic (With Ads) now available on Roku

Thanks for choosing Roku! Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Davrot72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You folks keep claiming it works now but I just reloaded Disney + and while Disney Basics with ads is now available for $7.99 there is still no sign of the Disney Duo with Hulu for $9.99 on Roku device. Is there two different Disney + app to download? If so, I'm not seeing that either.

0 Kudos
Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have Hulu live with ads. It came with Disney+with ads and ESPN. I initially couldn't use the Disney plus with Roku but recently I went on Disney+ and it told me to update my Roku in settings and then the app worked. 

Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did you log into Disney with your Hulu login? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Saludos necesito saber porque el canal Disney no me aparece como opcion en mi roku

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

(Translated using Bing) "Greetings I need to know why the Disney channel does not appear as an option on my roku"

My guess is that you are located in a country that is not supported by Roku. While Roku is supported in a number of Latin American countries, you might not be in one of them. Here is the list of supported countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, and Peru.

If you are in one of those countries, then Disney has not made their channel available in your location. That is not something that Roku can change. You would have to ask Disney why it's not available.

Supongo que estás ubicado en un país que no es compatible con Roku. Si bien Roku es compatible con varios países de América Latina, es posible que no esté en uno de ellos. Aquí está la lista de países admitidos: Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, México, Nicaragua, Panamá y Perú.

Si estás en uno de esos países, entonces Disney no ha hecho que su canal esté disponible en tu ubicación. Eso no es algo que Roku pueda cambiar. Tendrías que preguntarle a Disney por qué no está disponible. (translated using Bing)

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos