Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

@craigatl wrote:

The performance of the Fire products is superior to Roku for us and Amazon has yet to have a carriage dispute.

Don't worry, that will come. Amazon has had carriage disputes in the past, and I'm certain they will again in the future. The satellite providers have both had carriage disputes with TV stations as well as major channel providers. It's simply an unfortunate fact of life that it's going to happen sooner or later with all of them.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
opiner
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just found this issue today when I was researching purchasing Disney+Duo which is only offered as a monthly subscription now for $9.99. There is currently a Rakuten offer for $4 back for that package specifically. But when you open the shopping session and go to Disney+ website and try to purchase this package it redirects you to Hulu where I get a notification that I am now only earning $1 back because that is Rakuten's offer for Hulu. So it seems it might be impossible to take advantage of the $4 discount as Disney directs you to Hulu for payment. That's when I found out that Roku doesn't even support Disney+Duo! It looks like the Roku issue is almost a year old, so I contacted Roku today and just thought I'd give an update that Roku has NO plans to support neither Disney+ Duo nor Disney+ with ads anytime in the near future. Very disappointing! I feel like this is a total bait and switch situation! If you walked into a brick and mortar store which advertised a lower priced package with a coupon (that doesn't work) for a service that won't work on a device most people use and then the sales rep tells you, "But the coupon only works with the more expensive product and that product works just fine with all your devices, so just buy that on instead!" That would be illegal. I waisted a whole day researching this! lol

Tags (3)
atc98092

Jump to solution

OK everyone. It appears that Disney published a new version of the Disney+ channel in the Roku channel store and Disney+ with Ads is now supposed to be supported. Since I have the full access account, I can't test it personally. But it's been reported elsewhere it's now available as of today. 

Dan

Clnc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, it works, thanks for the heads up. I checked my current disneyplus app for updates then logged into my disney plus with ads version included with my hulu live and can watch now.

0 Kudos
Mriv71
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes! Thank you so much!!! 

0 Kudos
opiner
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Are you able to access "Disney+Duo" (disney+ basic and hulu basic with ads) on Roku through the Dinsey+ app? Or is Duo a separate app.?

0 Kudos
askoufos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just logged into Disney+ (with ads) via Roku successfully! Yay!!! I signed up for the duo, both basic with ads.

0 Kudos
HarryJB

Jump to solution

Here it is almost 4 months and they still haven't worked out an agreement. Let's hope they get it together soon!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

You haven't been paying attention. Disney released a new channel in the Roku store yesterday that supports Disney+ with Ads.

Dan

0 Kudos
HarryJB

Jump to solution

I just joined this group a few minutes ago. When I posted my response I hadn't seen the message about the new app.

I appreciate the heads up, but would also appreciate you not being so judgmental regarding my paying attention.