Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bri14

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

Does it work on tcl roku tv for disney with ads ?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Bri14 wrote:

Does it work on tcl roku tv for disney with ads ?

At this moment, Disney+ with ads is not available on any Roku device. Only the "regular" Disney+ is available. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mash1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It isn’t available yet. I also noticed today the the quarterly  “Wondrium” option is not available on Roku either. So I would have to pay either monthly or yearly options. Ugh

Keith22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

02/26/2023

It is 10:29 pm on a Sunday night. I just tried to open Disney on my Roku and it showed a big QR code which means Disney+ basic will not work on Roku! You will have to upgrade to the Disney+ with no commercials. I wanted to make sure my app was working so I tried to open it on my Xfinity cable box in the living room, and Disney opens no problem. So I know my Disney+ app is working. Anyway its a bunch of BS I will have to upgrade my Disney+ 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Keith22 Disney+ and Disney+ with ads are two different services. Disney has to agree with Roku to offer the ad version on Roku devices, and so far they appear to still be in discussions. Disney either has to modify their existing channel on Roku for the ad version, or they have to offer a completely different version of the channel. Without knowing the internal workings of the Disney+ channel, I can't say which is going to be required. But in the end it's up to Disney to make it work on Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Tunester
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just got  refund for the two months I've had Hulu.  I wonder if anyone has taken legal action.

0 Kudos
LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Why is it that Fire tv and Google tv have no issues tangoing?

0 Kudos
LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes it is making us all look at Fire Tv as the item to use.  difference in price 13 ad supported 20 dollars no ads is 7 dollars a month.  7x12 is 84 dollars.  You can buy 2 fire sticks and say good buy to roku permanently.

0 Kudos
LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It will not work on roku.  It will work on fire stick or fire tv or google tv.

0 Kudos
LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

At this time Roku is the only major platform that is not allowing streaming of Disney with ads option.  Firetv allows it, Googletv allows it, the only major platform that wants you to pay 84 dollars a year extra is Roku.  13 dollars vs 20 dollars trio package equal 84 dollars, the price of 2 firesticks.... hmmm

0 Kudos