Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smpickens
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

I signed up for Hulu Live, Disney+ (with ads) & ESPN+ bundle. Two of our three TVs (kids den and home gym) use Roku sticks. Nowhere did it say prior to signing up that we wouldn’t be able to stream Disney+ on the Roku sticks. This is really disappointing!! We signed up for this particular package because we watch a lot of soccer and wanted access to the best package for our money (Hulu live). Going to do research again and see if this is even worth it now. Unbelievable!!!

0 Kudos
Pebjones

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what the issue is that resulted in the decision to make Disney+ basic (w/ads) unavailable BUT that is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.  I don't want to have to pay more $$$ to upgrade because I don't need the upgrade. I don't want to go through all of those crazy steps to connect it through my phone or some other device to watch it on my ROKU tv especially if I'm already paying for it. ROKU and Disney+ you need to put your dfferences aside and do what's best for the PAYING CUSTOMER. 

Keith22
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That was No help!! 

0 Kudos
Linzie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had Disney+ since its launch and have only ever used a Roku to stream and now after bundling with Hulu I can’t use it on my TV. It’s very disappointing considering Disney just raised their prices again. Streaming service are becoming ridiculously priced. Dissatisfied with Disney+ and Roku right now. Do better for your customers! 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Linzie wrote:

I have had Disney+ since its launch and have only ever used a Roku to stream and now after bundling with Hulu I can’t use it on my TV. It’s very disappointing considering Disney just raised their prices again. Streaming service are becoming ridiculously priced. Dissatisfied with Disney+ and Roku right now. Do better for your customers! 

How is this any fault of Roku? Disney decides how their content can be viewed. If you subscribe to something through a provider like Roku, it's only available on Roku devices. If you subscribe through Hulu, then you can only view it through Hulu. Those are Disney decisions. If you desire to access Disney+ through multiple devices from different manufacturers, then you must subscribe directly with Disney. It has nothing to do with Roku themselves. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
smpickens
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Disney and Roku are both to blame. Since you can stream Disney+ through Roku on all of the "no ads" packages, clearly its a dispute between the two companies about money. As such, both are greedy, which is their prerogative, but as usual the customer is left hanging out to dry. However, my bigger complaint is this deficiency is NOT advertised when deciding on a package. When I chose to go with Hulu Live, Disney+, ESPN+, with ads, the Hulu page  (which I subscribed to because I wanted the "Live" package) said Roku devices worked. It never dawned on me that only related to Hulu streaming and I should have gone to the Disney page to see if I could stream Disney+ with ads on my Roku. Customers have to think of every minor potential issue and search each individually to get answers to questions they didn't even know they'd have when choosing a subscription. This is what is so frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@smpickens 

Given that Disney owns Hulu, I think it would be reasonable to expect the Hulu website to be more informative.  One would like to think that Hulu’s web designer just goofed, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Hulu actually wanted people to be confused.  Something that happens all the time in carriage dispute-type situations is that one party tries to get viewers to call the other party to complain.

0 Kudos
Linzie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not anywhere did it say the Disney+ would not work when adding the bundle. I went back and looked after I realized it did not work. As of now I have canceled Disney+ all together and may do the same with Hulu. 

0 Kudos
BarbS2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I cancelled Disney Plus that was added to our Hulu sub even though it cost just $2 as an add-on because I have content on other channels I prefer and I hate not using ROKU for streaming. If I weren't getting Hulu for the Black Friday price, I would cancel it as well.

0 Kudos
JLynne

Jump to solution

What’s taking so long for Roku to fix the issue so people can stream Disney+?

0 Kudos