Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnyB

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

Just to be clear -- is your husband able to stream Disney+ content with ads using Chromecast and an IPhone? I would like to switch plans to the ad-supported Disney+ plan, or the Basic Duo plan (Hulu and Disney+ with ads, but we know that currently we can't stream the ad-supported Disney content using Roku. 

0 Kudos
LopezFamily
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

you can cast.  You can use other streaming services; but Roku is blocking it because they want more money from Disney. Roku wants more money for displaying the adverting content.   We as consumers need to stop supporting Roku and buy other smart tv brands.  Amazon tv and google tv and android tv are great brands that are working with ad supported streaming services. No issues here.  Both Roku and Disney customer service are pushing consumers to 19.99 package so they make more money. Again this is a bait and switch because it should clearly state on the advertisement that it doesnt work with ROKU since they have sold 40 percent of all streaming devices.

BarbS2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Basic Disney streams with every streaming platform except ROKU.

BarbS2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Less Basic Disney subscriptions from ROKU users should make the Disney sponsors reconsider their ad campaigns.   Perhaps less income from ads will make Disney resolve this conflict.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the post and for sharing your thoughts.

We don’t have any information at this time regarding when Disney+ Basic. We will let the Community know if it becomes available in the future.

You may watch Disney+ Basic on your Roku by sharing the content from an Apple, Android, or Windows device. Here’s how:

We appreciate your patience and interest while we continue working to deliver a better streaming experience for our customers.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Olson5

Jump to solution

I understand this takes time, but this really needs to be resolved quickly! What a hassle, I am thinking of switching to FireTV.

dbullyy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just went with tizen tv on my Samsung smart TV. Works very well and Disney with adds is supported. 

Spearce
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just discovered I no longer have access to Disney+ via Roku. It’s funny because not that long ago I was streaming it perfectly using Roku. When did this problem occur? what happened? How long has this been a problem? It wasn’t that long ago we were streaming it just fine. So it used to work and now it doesn’t. are you currently working on fixing it back to the way it was and when should we expect to be able to utilize what we are currently paying for? Or would you just recommend ditching the Roku and using something else?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Spearce I just tried Disney+ on my Ultra 4800, and it's playing fine. This thread is dealing with the ad based version of Disney+, which is not yet available on Roku devices. But the "regular" version of Disney+ is working fine.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Spearce
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine is bundled with my Hulu subscription. My chat experience with Roku customer service was a disastrous waste of time. Why can’t they just tell us the truth?!  They had me getting them serial numbers on all three of our devices and telling me I didn’t have an account that matched my email and all kinds of run around mumbo jumbo. All I know is that I can’t access it and Hulu doesn’t offer anything except the bundle with Disney and ESPN. I hate paying for something I can’t use. We’ve had Roku and loved it for years but this is frustrating. Ready to jump ship here. Thanks for your reply.