Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjlichter
Reel Rookie

Daily Wire App not working on my Ultra

Jump to solution

I installed Daily Wire over a month ago (maybe two).   I am able to go into the app ok before I sign into my account.  However, when I sign in, a screen shows up with my subscription information and I am signed in (good so far).  However, when I go from there to the selection of Watch Now I think it is, it tries and then just stops and goes to the main menu (so it doesn't run).  After that, when I try to start Daily Wire, it tries to go in, but then just goes to the main menu (doesn't run).  I have tried this many times over the past month or two.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled and done the steps described many times.  I can watch it ok on my computer with the same account.  Any suggestions or ideas.   I have done the whole reboot and reinstall and check for updates routine without success.  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Looger
Channel Surfer

Re: Daily Wire App not working on my Ultra

Jump to solution

Up to this point, the app was always fully up to date.

Just manually updated the app AGAIN.

There was an update which occurred  without issue, and the channel now appears to work correctly.

To everyone, update the app and it will hopefully work.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Looger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  Contacted daily wire a few weeks ago, received a response that they were working on it, but the problem persists.

I sent another email, we will see.

I'm definitely not happy about it.

Bob

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @mjlichter @Looger!

Firstly, our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with the DailyWire Plus channel on your Roku streaming platform. No worries! We'd be more than happy to be of assistance here.

Since you've done all the possible troubleshooting steps to no avail, it will be more effective if you directly raise this concern to the channel provider themselves which in this case, the DailyWire Plus Customer Support as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. Their channel might need an update from them.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Looger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

There appears to be no forthcoming resolution. I have contacted daily wire, and no matter what I've tried, the app simply does not work on Roku.

Bob

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Looger,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with the Daily Wire app since it was not working. Are you getting any error messages or codes? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjlichter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There has been no change in the status — same thing is happening.  

0 Kudos
Looger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When I'm NOT signed into the app, it opens normally, but I can't access much of the content.

When logged in and I try to open the app, it initially shows the "Daily Wire" logo.  Then the screen goes dark, there is a spinning circle in the middle of the screen like it is loading, then I'm bounced back to the Roku home screen.

I uninstalled the app, restarted TV/Roku (several times, in fact).  Then reinstalled and assured the app was up to date.  My Roku system is completely updated as well.

One time, I signed back in and on a whim, instead of trying to go the app's home page, I selected search, entered a term ("What We Saw") and was able to watch a premium program.

I was able to access the app via a back door, so to speak. However, from there, I cannot navigate anywhere else.  

I'll exit the app, and when I reopen the app, it immediately crashes as described above.

Bob

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with the Daily Wire app on Roku.

We'd like to gather more details regarding the issue so we can take a closer look at this for investigation. Kindly provide the information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we gather the details requested above, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Actions will be taken accordingly to address the issue at hand.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Looger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Channel (app) v 2.2, build 4.

TCL55R635 TV (Roku OS)

SN X00300C44GUP

Device ID: S05E40744GUP

Software version 12.5.5, build 4177-88.

Tracker id: not sure how to post a picture, but I will try.

1000006380.jpg

0 Kudos
mjlichter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model:  4802X - Roku Ultra

serial number:  X0100079AHFN  

Device ID:  S0DA22A9AHFM

Software OS/version:  12.5.5 build 4174-C2

Channel:  DailyWire+ Version 2.2 Build 4

Tracker ID:  FN-132-316

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.