Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
druce
Reel Rookie

Re: DLibrary Japan playback issue

Jump to solution

I had my hopes up when I got notice that the app had been updated to 1.11. Unfortunately, this did not resolve my problem. 

To be more specific, I have two Roku devices. One Roku Streaming Stick+, and one Hisense Roku TV.  The Streaming Stick+ works perfectly, but my Hisense TV is the one that has the issue.  I am not sure that this matters, but the Roku Streaming Stick+ is in Santa Cruz CA and the Hisense TV is in Sacramento CA.  All devices have the most current firmware and software.

0 Kudos
coffeejelli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @marchyman Happy to hear that solution worked for you. Unfortunately it did not for us. I will continue to work with dLibrary for another solution. 

0 Kudos
coffeejelli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @druce I also had my hopes up too with the new update. I have a TCL Roku Tv, my tv is also updated on its firmware as well and location wise I’m in Atlanta, GA. Are you able to airplay the dLibrary from your phone to your Roku tv? When I go on the dLibrary app it doesn’t show my tv as an option but picks up my neighbors tv/monitor which is frustrating….

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @druce @coffeejelli,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with the dLibrary Japan app. We're happy to help. You can refer to the provided troubleshooting steps by @RokuArjiemar and check if this will resolve your channel playback issue.
Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist you further.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
druce
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had performed the steps suggested by @RokuArjiemar back with 1.10, but didn't repeat these with 1.11 when it came out.  Unfortunately, this is for my 89 Y/O mother-in-law who lives two hours away, so it may be a while before I get the chance to do this (had made a special trip yesterday hoping this may be the solution, but am not going to do a 4 hour round-trip for something that equates to "did you try turning it off and back on again?".  If I hear that some of the others get resolved by a combination of 1.11 and uninstalling/reinstalling I may make that trip. 😕

I am really hoping to get this working because it was her favorite entertainment.  She isn't technical enough to go the route of using Airplay, and I don't want to try and get her to learn another set-top box, so right now we are subscribed but not using the service and that can't last long.

0 Kudos
druce
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I havent tried using Airplay yet.  I am trying to limit the solutions to what a tiny 90 year old japanese lady that is a little technophobic can do without assistance.The problem seems to center around DLibrary while running on Roku embedded in TVs.  The streaming stick seems to work fine.

0 Kudos
marchyman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good luck with streaming stick usage.   We have three sticks, 2 older Streaming Stick+ units and one of the newer Streaming Stick 4K units.   Viewing using one of the + units has never given us a problem.   The other two sticks work intermittently.  Issues started around Feb using one of the + units which we replaced with the 4K unit only to have the same issue show up on that unit, too.

No issues since the last update, but it's been less than a week.   Sometimes it works for a while then stops working for unknown reasons.  At this point we're keeping our fingers crossed.

0 Kudos