Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robdread2011
Binge Watcher

Criterion and arrow playback

Jump to solution

On both my old and new device, criterion channel and arrow channel are giving "video won't play (code 6)." Just started happening recently. I've restarted and reset devices, but nothing works.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Criterion and arrow playback

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Robdread2011!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you get back on streaming the Criterion app on your Roku.

Kindly try the following troubleshooting steps to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We need to follow the precise steps to help you refresh its system. Furthermore, here's the support article for reference: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue persists, you may contact the channel provider directly for further assistance, as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

You may reach them here: Criterion App Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Robdread2011!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you get back on streaming the Criterion app on your Roku.

Kindly try the following troubleshooting steps to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We need to follow the precise steps to help you refresh its system. Furthermore, here's the support article for reference: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue persists, you may contact the channel provider directly for further assistance, as they manage and maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

You may reach them here: Criterion App Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robdread2011
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did all of this. Same issue. Also, I get a message that says Amazon Prime is not is not supported on my Roku model, even though I just bought a new one. Everything plays fine on my laptop. This is obviously a Roku issue with my account. I was told there was a hack that caused issues like this, but don't know if that's the case. I can't get in touch with an actual human over the phone to resolve this. In any event, I'm paying for services I am not receiving. 

0 Kudos
Robdread2011
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I would also add that my entire roku is acting glitchy as can be, which makes me wonder about a hack.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, @Robdread2011.

We appreciate the added information. In cases like this, since this is an isolated case involving the Criterion app exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider.

Regarding the issue about accessing the Prime Video app on your Roku, it may be possible that your device's software version is out of date. You may check for available software updates on your device under Settings > System > Software update > Check Now.

In the meantime, kindly provide us with the details of your device. (Roku device model, serial number, and current software version)

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robdread2011
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Model 3500X- Roku Stick

Serial number: 2LA51C132771

Software version: 11,0,0 build 4185-09

0 Kudos
Robdread2011
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also, the issue is not exclusive to Criterion. It's also on the Arrow channel.

0 Kudos
Robdread2011
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Apparently, Criterion and Arrow stopped supporting this particular model in July. Wish I hadn't ordered a second device, since it was the same model (unbeknownst to me). That's not Roku's fault, it WalMart, which gave me bad, incorrect info on the device.  Oh well. For future reference, how do I know device models are more up to date?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Robdread2011.

Thank you for keeping us posted. 

I can also see that your device's software version is outdated. You can try to check if your device model can still receive the latest software version under Settings > System > Software update > Check Now. 

Nevertheless, if Criterion and Arrow apps don't support your Roku device's model anymore, we highly suggest visiting our Product website to look for the latest models available: Roku Streaming Players | Products

You may also check this support article dedicated to Roku OS software release notes

We hope you find this information helpful. 

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robdread2011
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Criterion and Arrow changed it up in late July when I happened to be in the hospital, so I had no idea what had happened. On a happier note, WalMartbgoing to refund me for the second device I bought since I explained the situation to them. Thanks for your helpband input. Sorry to have  been a bother.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.