Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mericksonks
Reel Rookie

Re: Credits screen minimizing and going black on streaming services

This is a stunning revelation in the saga that is this thread. I'd like to adapt it into a movie, but only if I can be assured that all viewers will be able to see the credits.

Oriolesfan33
Channel Surfer

To reiterate what I put in my earlier follow-up post, this HAS happened to me using The Roku Channel. There is a shortcut to The Roku Channel on my home screen called Live TV, and when the selector sits on that shortcut before you press enter to open it, it starts playing a small screen preview of what's playing on the last station selected on The Roku Channel. When the glitch happens, the sound plays but the screen is black.

So, the issue needs to be addressed by Roku or TCL. (Not that it ever will...)

0 Kudos
aw9182
Streaming Star

@atc98092 

@atc98092 wrote:

I have no Roku TV to test, TCL or otherwise. My comparisons are strictly using Roku players. It makes zero sense for something like that to happen on a TV and not have the same function on a player.

Its because the TVs would have a different build of the software than the players have. If only the TV version of the software has a bug that would explain why it has issues on the TVs but not the standalone player.  

@RokuCarly Its been awhile since we have heard from a Roku representative. Are there any updates on this YEAR LONG outstanding issue?

Oriolesfan33
Channel Surfer

I've discovered something else about this glitch! It happens after every time I switch the inputs on the TV. So anytime I want to play PS5, I'll have to restart the TV afterwards. This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
abuislam
Reel Rookie

I’ve experienced the same issue! It’s frustrating when the credits go black like that. Have you tried checking your HDMI connections or updating the Roku software? Sometimes a simple reset can help too. Hopefully, we can find a solution!

0 Kudos
Oriolesfan33
Channel Surfer

What should I do with my HDMI connections? I have a Roku TV, not a standalone Roku or a stick, so I don't think it's that. The only thing that fixes it temporarily is to restart the TV, but it happens almost every day. And it happens EVERY time I switch to any of the inputs. It's crazy that nobody from Roku has replied to this thread in months.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Thanks for informing us about the playback issues you've experienced whenever it's on the credit screen. We'd be happy to coordinate this with the appropriate team for review. 

In order to narrow down the cause of the issue, we would appreciate it if you could share with us your device details such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • The specific app you are having this issue with and it's built version.
  • Specific troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve this. 

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.