Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Credits screen minimizing and going black on streaming services

Hi @NotAHitman,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing you report about this issue and the details provided regarding this.

I have passed along this to the appropriate Roku team for an update on the investigation. Once more, we'll need your patience and understanding as we further investigate the root cause of this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NotAHitman
Reel Rookie

Update: Last night I did a system update and 4 app channels had updates, including Max. After the updates I did a restart on the TV and it seems to have fixed the issue.

8traxrule
Roku Guru

This practice is unacceptable anyways. It shows a great disrespect for those who worked on a movie to automatically kick the viewer out of the credits, and it also often ruins the ending of the movie also having graphics for often unrelated titles appear onscreen while you’re trying to absorb the ending. Why can’t there be a simple on/off setting for this?

guskwak
Channel Surfer

Started happening again :') (tcl 6 series). Please roku focus on this issue!

Edit: tested with both YouTube and Max app, neither is working. This is so annoying 😞

NolanM

This has become even more frustrating with an update to the YouTube app where now some ads will force the screen to minimize to show a splash page for the advertiser, which causes the screen to go black and not return even when the proper video resumes, forcing the viewer to exit and restart the video. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@NolanM complain to Google. It's their channel and they have gotten increasingly bad with their ad placements. Roku has no control over what Google does within the YouTube app itself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
aw9182
Streaming Star

@atc98092 This has nothing to do with Google. This has been screwed up on the Roku TV for many apps for a very long time. Google just happens to be the latest to utilize the minimized picture feature for something (ads). Other apps do it for other reasons. Roku needs to fix it as it works correctly on non-Roku TV devices. 

kenr276
Channel Surfer

This still has not been fixed.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

This is still not a Roku issue. The individual providers control what their videos do during playback. If it's happening on "The Roku Channel", then you have a legitimate beef with Roku. Any other provider, it's the programming of their app/channel, and only they can change it.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
aw9182
Streaming Star

@atc98092 So what you are saying is that even though this is an issue with many apps specific to the TCL Roku TV where all these apps are displaying the exact same problem, its not Roku's fault? Yet you can go to a standalone Roku device and not see any of these same issues?? I don't buy for a second that this is the specific app developer's issue. The only conclusion that I have been able to come to with personal experience and reading though everybody's issues is that there is a bug in the TCL Roku TV software that causes the video to go black when the picture is minimized regardless of which app it is. This is an outstanding issue that needs to be resolved by Roku. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.