Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution

Let's hope so. My new Ultra is a crashing machine. Doesn't seem to matter what app I'm using either. Roku devices have always been rock solid until this latest one. Get a handle on this Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @sjensen98104

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing one to two of the affected channel then re-install them? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

However, if the issue persists, please provide us the following information for further investigation:

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hosato
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was having this issue on my Roku Streambar and found that problem was that I didn't have the HDMI cable plugged into the correct HDMI port on the TV.  You need to make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into the HDMI (ARC) port.   Once I did that the Roku Streambar worked just fine. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I fixed mine by plugging it directly into the wall. It was previously plugged into a six pack type of plug. It's been working fine since then. 

DenKay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Devices updated, not that it is very old to begin with but it’s been updated.

It started about 4 days ago.

I’ve checked for updates multiple times, changed connection plug, changed Wi-Fi setting, refreshed multiple times. Unplugged & moved router closer… still happening 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @DenKay

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Does it only happen on a specific channel or all channels installed on your Roku device?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
DenKay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I finally fixed it, it seems the cord & plug failed.  I had to borrowed a cord & plug off of another device.  I am rather upset, why would an undamaged cord & adapter fail? This Roku is not old & it has been in place since it was purchased (bought in2021). 
Have there been issue with cord & adapter failure?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DenKay

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

As of the moment, there was no reported issue with cord and adapter failure. But, we'll see how we can help you with the faulty accessories. Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
DenKay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick response

Serial number is X00400S1L60J

0 Kudos
DenKay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah it seems like they’re fairly finicky with power source.

0 Kudos