Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution

@DenKay

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
DenKay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Ghost-Owl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  The support ID is ID 54-323-536.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ghost-Owl

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Send us details and we would like to know how we can help!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
DenKay
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I believe I’ve already responded to somebody earlier. They were going to send out a new cord to me. I had to  borrow a charging cord from another electronic device. The cord & plug/adapter that it came with it has been in place & plugged into a surge protector since I bought this Roku.

To go back to what I did to find out that it was the power cord &/or  adapter.

I started with a settings review.  

Then I refreshed my network a couple of times.

Rebooted my router multiple times.

Moved my router close.

Then began to troubleshoot with the power cord.  

Since I started using the borrowed cord and adapter it has worked flawlessly. 

I notice that other people have stated that it’s very sensitive the power.

It worked fine for months and then out of the blue it stopped. It’s not a heavily used television but it is used regularly. 

I hope this helps someone

0 Kudos
Ghost-Owl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sure.  

When playing various video apps it will crash back to the Roku screen.  Today I've seen it from both Netflix and Hulu.

I've verified the TV is on the latest software.  I've restarted it repeatedly.   The TV is plugged in to a power conditioning UPS (all the electronics are).

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Ghost-Owl

Thanks for the reply.

Could you reply here with the model number of your Roku device? It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About

Furthermore, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this in Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
panther68

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and just recently when I go to Prime ( though another subscription ) it stops after about 2min and goes back to the Roku start, I also have a firestick and this doesn't happen.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @panther68

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the suggestion I provided in my post above? If not, we recommend giving it a shot. 

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JBRaccoon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine stopped doing that for a short time and is back to it again, even if I completely disconnect it. I'm not sure what firmware issue there is but I do know it's becoming a problem trying to use the device on my television.

0 Kudos